Who are the least athletic 1st or 2nd rounders for your team in the last decade?

Kiwibrown

For the Browns. 

Nate Orchard. He was a small medium paced at best olb/pass rusher for the browns. Had a couple of good games against bad competition- truly nothing special on the field. 

Mitchell Schwartz. He is a slow moving guy who became the best pass blocking rt in the nfl for the chiefs. Early in his career got dominated by Khalil mack. His biggest asset his how enormous he is. He is massive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Dominic Easley

No idea wtf BB was doing there

For interior DLers - 26th percentile height, 9th percentile weight, arm length, hand size and bench all below half as well.

Confessed that he preferred to watch cartoons instead of game film. 

Actually think it’s Malcom Brown. Easley at least had a pretty insane get-off. Brown was undoubtedly the better player but as pure athletes? Brown’s probably the worst. 

Looking at the second round, I have my eyes on Jordan Richards. Wasn’t big, wasn’t strong, wasn’t fast, wasn’t explosive - really brought nothing to the table as far as physical ability goes (and later proved, football ability too). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Actually think it’s Malcom Brown. Easley at least had a pretty insane get-off. Brown was undoubtedly the better player but as pure athletes? Brown’s probably the worst. 

Looking at the second round, I have my eyes on Jordan Richards. Wasn’t big, wasn’t strong, wasn’t fast, wasn’t explosive - really brought nothing to the table as far as physical ability goes (and later proved, football ability too). 

Yeah Easley is a freak of nature for a DT. Not sure why he'd be classified as not being athletic.

• Like 3

2nd round pick Jimmy Clausen in 2010, without a doubt. You can tell how much the NFL has changed because I'm pretty confident a guy like Clausen would never be seen as a potential 1st round pick in today's game.  It's crazy cause a lot was said about his attitude but really he was a good worker here by all accounts.  He just didn't have any kind of physical talent.  One of the weakest arms of any extended starter I've seen.  No mobility.  Just completely overwhelmed from day one.  

I wanna say Benjamin and Funchess are close too, but at least they had height.  However both severely lacked top-end speed or change of direction ability.  

• Like 2

I think it's Clelin Ferrell? Raider fan so we basically typically pick athletes lol

Clelin Ferrell
Mario Edwards
Jihad Ward
Josh Jacobs
Derek Carr
Stefan Wisniewski
Johnathan Abram
Menelik Watson
Damon Arnette
Karl Joseph
Gareon Conley
DJ Hayden
Travyon Mullen
Kolton Miller
PJ Hall
Amari Cooper
Henry Ruggs III
Khalil Mack
Obi Melifonwu

Under Spielman, the Vikes usually draft great athletes with those early picks. Back in 2011, Kyle Rudolph was selected in round 2. He gets my vote. He’s slow as molasses, couldn’t break tackles, and struggled in the physical aspects of blocking but he had a ridiculous catch radius and fantastic hands. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Under Spielman, the Vikes usually draft great athletes with those early picks. Back in 2011, Kyle Rudolph was selected in round 2. He gets my vote. He’s slow as molasses, couldn’t break tackles, and struggled in the physical aspects of blocking but he had a ridiculous catch radius and fantastic hands. 

Kyle Rudolph is a good choice for Round 2.

The first round choice has to be Christian Ponder.

• Like 1