FFMD WAR ROOM: JAGS FANS ONLY PLS

JiffyJag

Happy Easter everybody!

At the MM position, I would probably go with Charles Davis with our next pick or Stacey Mack later in the draft.

I'm not a fan of little guys at the GS position, so for a GS I would probably go with Gary Walker if we take a GS with our next pick, or maybe a guy like Joel Smeenge later in the draft.

I'll leave it up to you guys though.  I don't have a huge preference either way.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Happy Easter everybody!

At the MM position, I would probably go with Charles Davis with our next pick or Stacey Mack later in the draft.

I'm not a fan of little guys at the GS position, so for a GS I would probably go with Gary Walker if we take a GS with our next pick, or maybe a guy like Joel Smeenge later in the draft.

I'll leave it up to you guys though.  I don't have a huge preference either way.

I don’t have the doc in front of me rn, but I know for sure that Walker is no longer on the board. Unsure about Smeenge. 

13 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

I don’t have the doc in front of me rn, but I know for sure that Walker is no longer on the board. Unsure about Smeenge. 

You're right JiffyJag.  Walker is gone.  Smeenge is available but he would be a reach with our next pick.  Charles Davis is gone too, and Stacey Mack would be a huge reach too.  I'm 0-2.  I think I'll just defer to you and the rest of Jags Nation on this pick.  I don't have a good opinion on those two positions right now.

In this situation, if I had to choose, I'd probably go with the DM position and take one of my big draft crushes - Zach Wiegert.  Based on how our draft has gone, I would probably be in the minority on that opinion, but I think he would be a good match with who we have taken so far.

I've got to head out to a family get-together, so I'll be gone for several hours.  I'll leave it up to you guys.  I know it is in good hands.  :)

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 hours ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

Thoughts on D.D. Terry?

Also any consideration to adding another MT? 

D.D. Terry is definitely on my short list at this pick.  He would be a nice selection here, IMO. 

MT would be OK too, but I wonder if we could find one later that could add just as much as right now.

I'm down for DD Terry. Certainly one of the 2 most pressing positions right now. I also am intrigued by Chris Parker at that position, though it might be a little early for him.

I can dig an MT in the 7th but I definitely think we need to knockout MM and GS in these next 2 picks 

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

I'm down for DD Terry. Certainly one of the 2 most pressing positions right now. I also am intrigued by Chris Parker at that position, though it might be a little early for him.

I can dig an MT in the 7th but I definitely think we need to knockout MM and GS in these next 2 picks 

What do you think of Mickey Washington, J.J.?

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

One guy that was just added to our list is Mickey Washington at the MM position.  He might be worth considering at this point too.  I like D.D. Terry too though. 

If Washington is still there at our pick, he might be the best value out of the guys mentioned so far. I'm not super familiar with him as a prospect (as with many guys now that we're getting into the later stages), but judging off of where he typically goes in mocks, he would be good value. 

Edited by JiffyJag

3 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

If Washington is still there at our pick, he might be the best value out of the guys mentioned so far. I'm not super familiar with him as a prospect (as with many guys now that we're getting into the later stages), but judging off of where he typically goes in mocks, he would be good value. 

What is strange is that D.D. Terry is ranked a little lower than he is, but IMO, Terry went to a better school and I read one description where it said Terry could be a starter in the right system, whereas the same list described Mickey Washington by saying he could "make a roster as a backup", even though they had him ranked higher than Terry.  They are probably pretty close though.  If you like Washington better, I'm totally ok with that. 

We could maybe go the GS route here.  I still like Joel Smeenge, but one site I use a lot has him ranked lower than where we are picking, and another site has him WAY lower.  Maybe not a good pick here.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

We could maybe go the GS route here.  I still like Joel Smeenge, but one site I use a lot has him ranked lower than where we are picking, and another site has him WAY lower.  Maybe not a good pick here.

He apparently had a bad pro day and his stock has suffered.