FFMD WAR ROOM: JAGS FANS ONLY PLS

JiffyJag

4 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

Because he's only the former, and not at all the latter. But being solely the former has value for some other teams, specifically teams that have injury prone starters or are looking to bring in competition to push their current starter. Just no value for a team in our particular situation. 

Yeah.  That's the way i see it as well.  It's not that Minshew doesn't have value...it's just not a lot of value to our team and our situation specifically.  We're in a bit of a unique spot, with a first overall selection and a bluechip QB prospect available.  That's the route we ought to go...and in that, Minshew just doesn't contribute a lot of value to us as a benchwarmer.  He's more valuable to another team, who might actually want him to play.  Where a guy like him on a contract that cheap can definitely have real "value" as a contributor.

I'm good with the proposed deal.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Yeah, I'd prefer a 4th as well. But he just doesn't hold any value for us, so a 5th round pick, if that's all we can actually get, is okay. I'd rather have a lottery ticket than a guy who best case scenario is a backup QB for two years and then leaves. We should be buyers in 2023, so we won't get a comp pick for him. Give me a pick that we can use to bolster the backups on the OL; that'll have way more potential value over the next four years for us than Minshew will over the next two, imo. 

Yeah.  It's FFMD, so values are always kind of their own animal.  But ultimately, at the end of the day...i think this is the right approach to take.  Just move on, grab what we can in draft capital to put toward depth to better support our Mysterious #1 Overall pick of the future.

I’d also say that if we didn’t have 1.1, I’d probably be in the camp of keeping Minshew and trotting him out there until fans get sick of him and demand the new QB comes in. I don’t see anyone else being a sure thing immediate impact starter and giving them both some extra time to grow and some pressure off their shoulders to perform immediately probably isn’t a bad thing.

But Lawrence should be ready week 1. There’s no mechanical stuff to work out or other concerns that need the opportunity for extra time. Let him hit the ground running.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, pwny said:

I’d also say that if we didn’t have 1.1, I’d probably be in the camp of keeping Minshew and trotting him out there until fans get sick of him and demand the new QB comes in. I don’t see anyone else being a sure thing immediate impact starter and giving them both some extra time to grow and some pressure off their shoulders to perform immediately probably isn’t a bad thing.

But Lawrence should be ready week 1. There’s no mechanical stuff to work out or other concerns that need the opportunity for extra time. Let him hit the ground running.

Yeah.  If we didn't have the first pick, i'd be all for keeping Minshew to trot back out to start the season and "protect" the rookie for at least a handful of weeks while they acclimatize.  Let them come riding in to the "rescue" a few weeks in, when they're a bit more ready.

But with Lawrence, i just don't see the need for that.  Let him get rolling, and get started with the new era, right from the starting pistol.

We have drafted Trevor Lawrence.

I'll probably work on a doc with prospect code names later tonight and will have it sent to everyone by the time we need to be discussing for our next pick. 

I would expect that we'll have word on the Minshew trade by later today after picks 1-5 play out. 

21 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

We have drafted Trevor Lawrence.

I'll probably work on a doc with prospect code names later tonight and will have it sent to everyone by the time we need to be discussing for our next pick. 

I would expect that we'll have word on the Minshew trade by later today after picks 1-5 play out. 

Leonardo Di Caprio Movie GIF by Sony

Alright, everyone check your PMs, I believe I've sent the link to the doc with prospect codenames on it to everyone.

While the list does not include every prospect, it should have at least the top 10 guys at each spot-ish, and in the later rounds I don't think discussing actual names will be a huge deal. 

If the doc has any glaring issues, let me know. Or if anyone didn't get the link/hasn't contributed yet but still want to and now want the link, also let me know.

@pwny @.Buzz @KhanYouDigIt @Charles @Uncle Buck @Tugboat @MJD4MVP5455  @JaguarCrazy2832

Edited by JiffyJag

Oh, and any missing names that you think will be in play in the first 4ish rounds that aren't on the list but you think warrant coding, PM me about and I can add them on. I took my names from the CBSS positional rankings but they could be a bit outdated so some guys could've moved up

@Uncle Buck has already gotten one name added on 

Edited by JiffyJag
  • Like 1