FFMD WAR ROOM: JAGS FANS ONLY PLS

JiffyJag

My brother is moving down to Arizona and he asked me to stop over and see him today, so unfortunately I'll be gone for a while this afternoon.  I'll leave it up to JiffyJag and the rest of you fine gentlemen to decide on the order, but here are some of the ones I'd love to see us acquire somewhere in the draft if things fall our way:

Chris Hansen, Mike Pearson, Fred Stamps

Terry Cousin, Mike Peterson, Jamie Winborn, John Wade

Derek Fletcher, Dan Connolly

Kyle Brady, Reggie Williams, Charles Davis

Brian Smith

Lamont Thompson, Brian Williams, Zach Weigert, Kenny Pettway

Tutan Reyes

Corey Chamblin

Regan Upshaw, Renaldo Wynn, Larry Smith

Edited by Uncle Buck

5 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

Our official timeslot is 10pm tomorrow fwiw

Is that for Pick 25?  If it is, that's great because it will give everybody in here time to give their input.  It will be interesting to see how the board falls for us.

Edited by Uncle Buck

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

Honestly, and I know I’m gonna be in the minority on this, but I’d prefer someone like Regan Upshaw later. Seems to fit our needs far more. 

I'm kind of with you on that.  It just seems like we might not lose much going from Wynn to Upshaw, and the value of other positions may outweigh the necessity to go for Wynn. 

One guy I think we really need to make sure we get somewhere in the draft is Derrick Fletcher, since we are fairly weak at his position.  He's not my favorite prospect for #25, but we are probably going to need him, and it would be a shame to miss out on him by #33.

The player I would probably most like to see us get at #25 would be Mike Peterson.  If we miss out on him though, it's possible we could get John Wade at pick #65.  They would fit in with the other players we have at their position.  

Overall though, I'll defer to the rest of you because you know the team and it's needs a lot better than I do at this point.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Honestly, and I know I’m gonna be in the minority on this, but I’d prefer someone like Regan Upshaw later. Seems to fit our needs far more. 

I'm on that too.  I don't really see what the big fuss is with Wynn tbh.  There are some pretty concerning features with the angles he plays with, and how the adjustment is going to be as a Pro.  It's also just not a position i'd be spending a premium pick on in general, unless it's an absolutely special difference maker.  Too often, the better guys there are ones grabbed later on.  It's really more of a "how they play" position, than a "traits" one.  And Wynn seems like a big "traits" guy to me.

Not that i wouldn't want him.  Just...maybe a round or two later than he'll probably go, and where people are talking about him for us.