FFMD WAR ROOM: JAGS FANS ONLY PLS

JiffyJag

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm kind of with you on that.  It just seems like we might not lose much going from Wynn to Upshaw, and the value of other positions may outweigh the necessity to go for Wynn. 

One guy I think we really need to make sure we get somewhere in the draft is Derrick Fletcher, since we are fairly weak at his position.  He's not my favorite prospect for #25, but we are probably going to need him, and it would be a shame to miss out on him by #33.

The player I would probably most like to see us get at #25 would be Mike Peterson.  If we miss out on him though, it's possible we could get John Wade at pick #65.  They would fit in with the other players we have at their position.  

Overall though, I'll defer to the rest of you because you know the team and it's needs a lot better than I do at this point.

I get the need to do something at Fletcher's position.  But i just kinda hate the idea of forcing something when the draft just isn't falling that way...just because we don't have much there.  Mine the draft where it's strong imo, rather than trying to scrape up bits higher than you want because the big Hawaiian legend is off the board.

I should add...i don't dislike Fletcher or anything.  There's plenty to like there.  I just feel like Stanford and ND alternate churning out a player like that every second year who goes in the 3rd-5th round and is...decent.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

Alright, so sounds like we're fairly split on Wynn on the whole, at least at 25, and I agree with liking Fletcher but I do think it's too early.

So if we try to target Wynn at 33 and Fletcher or Connolly at 45, I would think there's one clear position to target for 25.

So what do we think of Winborn/Daryl Smith/Mike Peterson? 

@.Buzz @pwny @Tugboat @KhanYouDigIt @JaguarCrazy2832 @Charles

18 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Alright, so sounds like we're fairly split on Wynn on the whole, at least at 25, and I agree with liking Fletcher but I do think it's too early.

So if we try to target Wynn at 33 and Fletcher or Connolly at 45, I would think there's one clear position to target for 25.

So what do we think of Winborn/Daryl Smith/Mike Peterson? 

@.Buzz @pwny @Tugboat @KhanYouDigIt @JaguarCrazy2832 @Charles

You already know my views on Winborn. I'd be a-ok with him at 25 too. Not sure about the other two there though tbh. May be a tad early on Smith and Peterson doesn't fit as well/his skillset isn't what we're lacking imo.

also worth noting that pick 18 and 21 at the very least both seem to be on the block if there's anyone we notice that would be a steal and likely won't be around at 25.

I see that Kyle Brady is still on the board right now, when he wasn't last go-round, not sure what thoughts are on him or someone else at the same position. 

1 hour ago, JiffyJag said:

also worth noting that pick 18 and 21 at the very least both seem to be on the block if there's anyone we notice that would be a steal and likely won't be around at 25.

I see that Kyle Brady is still on the board right now, when he wasn't last go-round, not sure what thoughts are on him or someone else at the same position. 

If Kyle Brady was available at 25, I'd be on him like a fat kid on a Twinkie.  He would be a steal at that point.

Edited by Uncle Buck

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Kyle Brady was available at 25, I'd be on him like a fat kid on a twinkie.  He would be a steal at that point.

While I don't think his position is our most pressing need, I do think he'd probably be BPA at that point. We'll see what other think

IF he's even there. 

Just now, JiffyJag said:

While I don't think his position is our most pressing need, I do think he'd probably be BPA at that point. We'll see what other think

IF he's even there. 

Yeah, I'm just throwing in my two cents.  I hope I'm not coming across as being bossy because that isn't my intention.  I'm actually OK with whatever you guys want to do.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, I'm just throwing in my two cents.  I hope I'm not coming across as being bossy because that isn't my intention.  I'm actually OK with whatever you guys want to do.

No, you're good. Hopefully we'll have things narrowed down to 3 guys by like 5ish so we can have plenty of time for a formal roll call vote before the pick 

ALRIGHT 

2 picks out, so I'll try to start getting a consensus now. I'll give 3 options unless anyone else has someone they're pounding the table for

DO WE WANT

A. Jamie Winborn

B. Derrick Fletcher

C. Brent Hawkins

VOTE VOTE VOTE

@pwny @.Buzz @JaguarCrazy2832 @Tugboat @KhanYouDigIt @Charles @Uncle Buck

Latest we can go is 11, I have to go watch the monkey v lizard movie at 8 so hopefully this has resolved itself before then but we'll see

35 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

ALRIGHT 

2 picks out, so I'll try to start getting a consensus now. I'll give 3 options unless anyone else has someone they're pounding the table for

DO WE WANT

A. Jamie Winborn

B. Derrick Fletcher

C. Brent Hawkins

VOTE VOTE VOTE

Latest we can go is 11, I have to go watch the monkey v lizard movie at 8 so hopefully this has resolved itself before then but we'll see

A or B I'm fine with.  Preferably A.

-charles

38 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

ALRIGHT 

DO WE WANT

A. Jamie Winborn

B. Derrick Fletcher

C. Brent Hawkins

VOTE VOTE VOTE

When it comes to Jamie Winborn, i'm not super excited about him here.  I get the appeal and see the element he could bring to the table, but i actually like looking at someone like Tony Gilbert more instead.  Mike Peterson is the one i'd really want there, but obviously brings a totally different element and would more or less play a different position.  I feel like what Peterson brings, is something we could really use.  It's more someone like Daryl Smith who would probably be a bit redundant.

Kind of already said my peace on Fletcher.  I get the positional need, just not really wired on the "value" here per se.

I really like Brent Hawkins.  He'd be my pick of those 3 options.  Have to have a plan there, but would open up some really creative options with this team and staff i think.  The sort of player who is built for today's NFL.  I like him better as an "impact guy" than i did Wynn.  Think the role Hawkins would play, has a better chance of being a real big "impact" player.

I'd also throw out there that i'm a believer that it's hard to ever have too many guys like Mike Sims-Walker / Brian Smith / even Reggie Hayward around.  But i'm probably out there kind of alone on that direction.

This is exciting, democracy at work folks

I’m fine with A or C

C I think is probably best value, A may or may not be available at 33 and as @Tugboat stated, a guy like Gilbert or imo Smith can bring a similar dynamic and will be available at 33 or 45 if Winborn himself isnt

B is probably the biggest need of the 3 but will be available later, or his alternative will be. Think that can be addressed.

in regards to Peterson, Eagles are about to jump us to take him so it looks like we won’t have a chance there. 

I really like Winborn a lot, but it just seems like 25 is kind of high to take him.  If Peterson is still available, I would still prefer him because I think he adds a dimension that the others on the roster don't bring.  He would be a great complement to what we already have.  Another way to look at it though, is that maybe we might be better off waiting even until next year to see if we can get a better player at the position, which is what would really be great for us.

On another note, the way things have fallen for us, I think Lamont Thompson would be a good value at #25, and I wouldn't even mind going with Tutan Reyes either.

It's very tough to know what to do.  I guess if I were the real GM of the Jaguars in this situation, my big board at #25 would look like this:

1) Mike Peterson
2) Lamont Thompson
3) Tutan Reyes
4) Derrick Fletcher