Andre James signed to extension

oakdb36

Andre James deal is a 2 year extension (technically the 4th year is RFA) with cap hits of 2.5 mil (this year), 3.5 mil (next year), and a last year of 3.5 mil, which is voidable with 0 dead money.

If he's good, this is a steal. This is 3 years, 9.5 mil with a voidable 3rd year.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The thing I don't get. If James is who the staff thinks he is, why not get him reps last year at G with all the injuries on the line? Odd for as high as they are on him, they wouldn't get him some actual development in games.

Probably wanted him to focus on center. It’s not uncommon for a coaching staff I want to young player featuring something to focus on that position and perfect their craft. But who knows. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif

I just don’t understand your level of hatred, trolling, etc for @Humble_Beast.  

You always have a comment like this whenever he has something to say.  Leave the guy alone.  Your trying to be a bully. If you disagree do so with a level of decorum.  The guy brought up a interesting fact, both UCLA OTs from 2017 have gotten extension before their rookie deals ended.  How often do we extend our draftees or udfa’s and a year early at that.?

Sure he’s pretty optimistic (as opposed to you being very pessimistic about certain things, which is certainly your right)..... but your the guy who made the issue of not getting on people for thinking D.Nixon has no shot of being drafted before Surtain.  Yet.... you find the need to troll him for simply backing and being excited about the same thing the coaching staff is.

Im not saying you have to like the guy but we do all have to be respectful of one another, and your not!

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The thing I don't get. If James is who the staff thinks he is, why not get him reps last year at G with all the injuries on the line? Odd for as high as they are on him, they wouldn't get him some actual development in games.

Your spot on.... if James was this great  why didn’t he get reps at G or RT his old college position when we had rookies struggling and Sam freggin Young getting mauled out there

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think he was ever gonna get snaps over Good or Jackson. He's also a little small for the Raiders guard prototype. Simpson, Jackson, Incognito, and Good are all bruisers. Big bois all around.

And everyone let's keep it to football por favor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Does user name EricAllen21 mean anything to you?

If you know you know.

Don’t really care to be honest with you... two wrongs don’t make a right.  You’ve more then gotten your fair share of comments in and now it’s straight bullying.  
With all due respect, what kind of 40yo+ picks on someone online?  It’s not cool, your better than that.

Leave him alone and vice versa

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think he was ever gonna get snaps over Good or Jackson. He's also a little small for the Raiders guard prototype. Simpson, Jackson, Incognito, and Good are all bruisers. Big bois all around.

And everyone let's keep it to football por favor.

I agree with all that but if you think you got this really good unknown center.... and your prolly already thinking you might rip the OL down... then you throw James out there to just see what’s up.

He might nit be a better g then Jackson and good... but we played Simpson as a rookie.... so you had an opportunity to play James then.

and I still Think it makes no sense to extend him but they can’t be certain he’s the next long term center here cus they only raised him 1.5M or so this year with a no dead cap easy out next season.

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree with all that but if you think you got this really good unknown center.... and your prolly already thinking you might rip the OL down... then you throw James out there to just see what’s up.

He might nit be a better g then Jackson and good... but we played Simpson as a rookie.... so you had an opportunity to play James then.

and I still Think it makes no sense to extend him but they can’t be certain he’s the next long term center here cus they only raised him 1.5M or so this year with a no dead cap easy out next season.

Yeah I think the contract is fine. He hasn't proven much so he doesn't deserve big $, but at least we can keep him an extra year cheap if he does play well.

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I think the contract is fine. He hasn't proven much so he doesn't deserve big $, but at least we can keep him an extra year cheap if he does play well.

I don’t have an issue with the numbers, my issue and I believe most people’s issue is that he was even extended in the first place.... or “the idea of the extension”.

he’s a UDFA that might start year 3 after virtually no playing time- we don’t owe him a raise.  

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Don’t really care to be honest with you... two wrongs don’t make a right.  You’ve more then gotten your fair share of comments in and now it’s straight bullying.  
With all due respect, what kind of 40yo+ picks on someone online?  It’s not cool, your better than that.

Leave him alone and vice versa

Then why comment? I lean pessimistic with this team. They've done nothing right in 2 decades. I will call out homer comments that blindly support things. Saying James will be a stud in 2021 is blind faith based on actual evidence. Could argue the evidence is counter to that position.

Fans who lack objectivity, I comment on. It's that simple. Some can't handle reality and praise every ridiculous thing the organization does when then have no track record of success with 95% of it.

And I'm not over 40... so guess it's still okay