I'm curious who you guys like with our 1st round pick

TeHDruiD

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would say those people were wrong. He had one sack that looked unblocked but that’s because he defend the chop block well and it gave him an easy lane. I’ll never ding a guy for clean up sacks. Clean up sacks shows me the dude had a motor and doesn’t stop. Also it would seem he would get a lot of “clean up “ sacks in Cleveland because of Garrett. Also if we are going to rule GRs as clean up sacks than Garrett had  at least 4 clean up sacks last year

Oh I completely agree.  Everyone is gonna luck into a sack every now and then, the good ones luck into more.

4 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

As a freshman. Unless he's saying it from a "reps" standpoint, but I'm not really worried about that tbh.

Yeah it's more a body of work thing. Paye's the same way. There isn't a pattern of sustained success is all I mean. 

Give me Azeez Ojulari Edge Rusher Georgia. Great at bending the edge. Has the burst to get pressure on the qb. Willing to take on blockers to free up his teammates. Probably gets drafted before we pick at 26. If he’s gone I like what I saw from Jaelan Phillips from Miami. He has a great motor but injuries keep me from taking him round 1. Give me Carlos “Boogie” Bashman. Think he would compliment Myles really well. 

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Give me Azeez Ojulari Edge Rusher Georgia. Great at bending the edge. Has the burst to get pressure on the qb. Willing to take on blockers to free up his teammates. Probably gets drafted before we pick at 26. If he’s gone I like what I saw from Jaelan Phillips from Miami. He has a great motor but injuries keep me from taking him round 1. Give me Carlos “Boogie” Bashman. Think he would compliment Myles really well. 

Ojulari is horrible against the run. He’s not an every down DE unless we move to a 4-3 scheme and play with two wide-9’s. 

Most impact defensive player possible regardless of position. 

QB/RB/TE/OL are completely off the table. If somehow someone like Davonte Smith is available I'd consider it as a luxury pick to help make the offense completely unstoppable. 

But besides that, a standout defensive player. Any position works. DT/DE/LB/CB/S - we can use it all. Preferably DL as those tend to be the highest upside when they pan out. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DeVonta Smith?  I’d feel great, he’s a stud.

If 5 qbs go before us, and a couple of tackles, kyle Pitts, two corners, we might have a shot at a very talented receiver. 

It would be awesome to have that, we get more flexibility going I to next off season, we dont have to commit to obj or landry. 

• Like 1

If DeVonta Smith is drafted than that means a huge run on defensive players was taken. I don't think he lasts to #26, I unless they think he is the next great WR than I don't think we would move up to get him. 

I would rather see a CB or DE but picking at 26 you take BPA. For the first time since I can remember we are going to improve after this draft because we have a solid team, not because we drafted the savior at pick 3

6 minutes ago, JDD said:

If DeVonta Smith is drafted than that means a huge run on defensive players was taken. I don't think he lasts to #26, I unless they think he is the next great WR than I don't think we would move up to get him. 

I would rather see a CB or DE but picking at 26 you take BPA. For the first time since I can remember we are going to improve after this draft because we have a solid team, not because we drafted the savior at pick 3

5 qbs going by 26 and two tackles gives a shot at good skill player.