I'm curious who you guys like with our 1st round pick

TeHDruiD

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s really that simple, just take a good player.

Especially with the expiring contracts on several skill positions. I personally believe that there are 4 receivers and 1 TE worth a first round selection, so I’d rather get one of those dudes than reach on a marginal player at a position of need.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Especially with the expiring contracts on several skill positions.

Once these inevitable extensions kick in for Baker, Myles, etc, we’re gonna be hard pressed to pay 30 million a year for 2 WR’s who don’t produce at an elite level.

WR is absolutely a need in this draft, I don’t want to depend on a rookie next year or the year after.

I personally believe that there are 4 receivers and 1 TE worth a first round selection, so I’d rather get one of those dudes than reach on a marginal player at a position of need.

Yeah passing on a great player to take a decent player at a position of need (or whiffing all together) is not how you draft well.

FA is for filling roster holes, the draft is about acquiring as much talent as you can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Once these inevitable extensions kick in for Baker, Myles, etc, we’re gonna be hard pressed to pay 30 million a year for 2 WR’s who don’t produce at an elite level.

WR is absolutely a need in this draft, I don’t want to depend on a rookie next year or the year after.

I couldn’t agree more. 3 coming off the books in the next 2 seasons and we need to reload this position group now.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah passing on a great player to take a decent player at a position of need (or whiffing all together) is not how you draft well.

FA is for filling roster holes, the draft is about acquiring as much talent as you can.

I’m very happy with What this organization has done so far in free agency. I am excited to see how this FO approaches this draft. If nothing else, I’ll be completely content if and when Chubb is locked in for a 4+ year deal. He’s worth it.

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I couldn’t agree more. 3 coming off the books in the next 2 seasons and we need to reload this position group now.

I would be surprised if we don’t take one on day one or two tbh.

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m very happy with What this organization has done so far in free agency. I am excited to see how this FO approaches this draft. If nothing else, I’ll be completely content if and when Chubb is locked in for a 4+ year deal. He’s worth it.

If I had to guess they will stick to the script of multiple year starters with an early breakout age who played for bigger programs/good conferences who have good or better athletic profiles.

I wouldn’t expect one year guys, projects, workout warriors or 23 year old rookies (unless they produced for 3 years or so).

This was the MO under Sashi and seemed to be the MO last year.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would be surprised if we don’t take one on day one or two tbh.

I’m actually betting trade back from the first into the early 2nd. We will likely be out of range of those edge and secondary talent and upper tier skill guys.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I had to guess they will stick to the script of multiple year starters with an early breakout age who played for bigger programs/good conferences who have good or better athletic profiles.

I wouldn’t expect one year guys, projects, workout warriors or 23 year old rookies (unless they produced for 3 years or so).

This was the MO under Sashi and seemed to be the MO last year.

Hard pass on guys like Oweh then thankfully I’d imagine. 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m actually betting trade back from the first into the early 2nd. We will likely be out of range of those edge and secondary talent and upper tier skill guys.

I could see it. I could see them wanting to punt some of the value to next year just given the chaos of 2020 too.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hard pass on guys like Oweh then thankfully I’d imagine. 

Yeah I get the appeal of the freaks and thinking you’re going to mold them into something they’re not currently, but that’s a helluva gamble round 1.

Im fine swinging for the fences day 3, but we need solid picks days one and two.

19 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

The team does not value the position. LB is a sub package position in this defense.

Need every down players in the first round.

Only 2 players played more snaps than Goodson last season and he missed 2 games.

What sub package doesn’t include a linebacker?

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Only 2 players played more snaps than Goodson last season and he missed 2 games.

But if they truly valued you the position, do you think they keep Schobert or sign someone better. 

It’s not about a sub package positions, it’s just an under valued position. LBs to defense are like RBs to offense. You really don’t seek valuable draft picks or money unless the player is truly special. Everyone likes to blame the issues of the defense last year on the LB or at least the majority of the issues. Improve the secondary and DL and the Lb groups well do their jobs. That’s all you really need. With the issues with our IOL struggling to defend the run and our secondary being garbage, we were asking the LBs to take on way too many roles. 

Just now, buno67 said:

But if they truly valued you the position, do you think they keep Schobert or sign someone better. 

It’s not about a sub package positions, it’s just an under valued position. LBs to defense are like RBs to offense. You really don’t seek valuable draft picks or money unless the player is truly special. Everyone likes to blame the issues of the defense last year on the LB or at least the majority of the issues. Improve the secondary and DL and the Lb groups well do their jobs. That’s all you really need. With the issues with our IOL struggling to defend the run and our secondary being garbage, we were asking the LBs to take on way too many roles. 

I’ve heard this repeatedly and repeatedly seen perennial playoff teams invest in the position. At some point maybe we need to question the thought process.

As I’ve said before, we don’t need 3 pro bowlers, but you need SOMEONE who is a difference maker at the second level.

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard to believe Woods was operating his defense as planned with all the injuries in the secondary. 

LB is a role player in his defense. You don't draft role players in the 1st.