Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Honestly can't hate it that we brought him back. He is so solid when he plays just hasn't ever been able to be healthy for a whole season. Nice trio with Moore, Ward and Tartt and really hope we will play all three based on matchup and have all three out there in certain packages which with all three having a different skill set shouldn't really be a problem.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Justone2 said:

Honestly can't hate it that we brought him back. He is so solid when he plays just hasn't ever been able to be healthy for a whole season. Nice trio with Moore, Ward and Tartt and really hope we will play all three based on matchup and have all three out there in certain packages which with all three having a different skill set shouldn't really be a problem.

You need to play all three, especially on certain third downs. Ward is very good in the slot and then you can run Tartt/Moore at safety. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested to see what the number is....I like Tartt and think, when healthy, he is one of the better safeties in the league, WHEN HEALTHY! This does give us another year to see if Moore is the answer, Tartt will have to earn it this year and mayend up being a backup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nice!!! Feel bad for him that the market was what it was but dude is good.

Safeties are set, but I wonder what this means for Moore going forward? 

Honestly? I'd see if I could get him on a nice deal now for the next 3-4 years moving forward. Very similar to what we did with Tartt where we signed him based on a projection. Top of the safety market is about 14/15 million. I'd be willing to take a chance on him moving forward at something like the Vonn Bell deal (3/18 for 6 per). He's not worth the 6 million yet, but if he blossoms the way he could, that could be a crazy good deal by the  end of it. If Tartt had stayed healthy, that extension probably would have been fantastic. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You need to play all three, especially on certain third downs. Ward is very good in the slot and then you can run Tartt/Moore at safety. 

 

Even on earlier down having Tartt in the box and Moore and Ward dropping back. Can really play some mix and match with those three which we started seeing more later in the year when we even moved Sherman to S on some plays and having Harris play with both Moore and Ward. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we run a lot of 3 S looks. Its time for us to see what we have in Moore for an extended amount of time. 

I would like to draft a S in the middle rounds, to both replace Marcel Harris immediately, and to replace whichever one of Tartt/Moore (or both) leave next year

I know they're backups for a reason, but i do not want to see Mullens, Skule, or Harris starting games for this team. Whereas backups like Brunskill, Hyder, etc showed their value last year. 

I just hope we can re-sign K'Waun Williams to a fair deal. Tha'll truly leave us with flexibility in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly? I'd see if I could get him on a nice deal now for the next 3-4 years moving forward. Very similar to what we did with Tartt where we signed him based on a projection. Top of the safety market is about 14/15 million. I'd be willing to take a chance on him moving forward at something like the Vonn Bell deal (3/18 for 6 per). He's not worth the 6 million yet, but if he blossoms the way he could, that could be a crazy good deal by the  end of it. If Tartt had stayed healthy, that extension probably would have been fantastic. 

 

Would love that and there is no way Ward is going to be on the roster in 2022 with his contract...Well, shouldn't say no way but he's going likely be cut or possibly extended. 

So the safety situation is set for 2021 but no really going forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Even on earlier down having Tartt in the box and Moore and Ward dropping back. Can really play some mix and match with those three which we started seeing more later in the year when we even moved Sherman to S on some plays and having Harris play with both Moore and Ward. 

Yep, and I wonder if they plan on playing Ward more in the slot? We haven't really addressed that position unless they plan on playing Moseley there. Either way, we are building some good depth at DL and at the S position. Defense should be really really good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not mad at this. I did want to get a extended look@Moore this year. But you can't argue with getting a above average safety (when healthy) on the cheap. 

If Ryans is as smart as Shanny thinks he is, he will find a way to incorporate more packages with Ward, Tartt & Moore on the field together. I thought one of Saleh's biggest missteps last year was not utlizing all three on the field together.

Also think we're definitely taking a flier on a safety in the middle rounds. Having Tartt back and signing Wilson allows for us to not have throw a rook into a prominent role if we're hit with a injury here and there. But safety is still a need beyond 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Even on earlier down having Tartt in the box and Moore and Ward dropping back. Can really play some mix and match with those three which we started seeing more later in the year when we even moved Sherman to S on some plays and having Harris play with both Moore and Ward. 

Honestly, that's what I'd love to see. I have my doubts that it will be happen, because dammit, I NEVER get what I want!!! But I'd love to see Tartt in a hybrid S/LB role (I'd rather have him on the field than Al Shaair, to be honest), I love to have Moore as a single high, and I like Ward being all over the field doing his thing. We could have Ward covering the slot at times (not all the time). We could even have Moore cover certain players (I think he could be great against certain TEs, for example). Ideally, I wouldn't want them to have just one role. I like versatility, and I like the idea of trying to exploit certain match-ups. Of course, injuries always derail that kind of plan. But it would be fun. But really, I doubt the staff will get that creative. 

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The market was even more rough for Tartt than it was for Williams.

Sucks but another great value signing. Hoping he stays healthy and can get one good contract before hanging up the cleats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...