LA RAMS 2020

- Robert Woods > 129 Targets

- Cooper Kupp > 124 Targets

- Josh Reynolds > 81 Targets

LA CHARGERS 2020

- Keenan Allen > 147 Targets

- Mike Williams > 85 Targets

- Jalen Guyton > 55 Targets

This essentially tells me that we have built up our WR corp with WR3/WR4 caliber players. Over the next two years, we're probably going to need to add 3 WR's. Perriman is young enough where he could stick around for a year or two as a depth piece. Cephus could develop but I would peg him as a WR3 for now. The 2022 FA class could include: Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Schuster, Mike Williams, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley. 

We have a number of guys who have played the principal number of their snaps outside. We seem to really be lacking a solid Slot WR option. 

Good points. I'm not really interested in trading picks for players barring an incredible value, and there are several slot receiver types in the draft, both in high and low rounds.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember off hand exactly how much time we get to make our picks?

Edit: I see it's one hour, tomorrow from 4-5pm.

AT THAT TIME I will post a poll with our options. You will have about 45 minutes to vote in it and make your case for your vote if you so choose. I will then make our pick.  I reserve the right to pick a player other than the consensus, but I will lay out my case for doing so in any event.

This will be the procedure for each of our picks.

Edited by Superduperman

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I have placed Trey Flowers on the trading block and I am talking about deals for him. I won't let him go for a song and dance, but for the right value only.

Maybe consider OLB Jamie Collins / Halapoulivaati Vaitai for lower draft capital? Idk if either have long-term futures in your eyes.

Not the worst idea to shop all three. You gain cap space trading vs cutting these guys, but they're not bad enough to cut either.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Maybe consider OLB Jamie Collins / Halapoulivaati Vaitai for lower draft capital? Idk if either have long-term futures in your eyes.

Not the worst idea to shop all three. You gain cap space trading vs cutting these guys, but they're not bad enough to cut either.

I'm with Simba on that. Vaitai and Collins are tradeable along with Flowers IMO. I'd also put Goff on the trade block, just to see what he could be valued at. We might be surprised. 

On 3/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, Superduperman said:

I have placed Trey Flowers on the trading block and I am talking about deals for him. I won't let him go for a song and dance, but for the right value only.

does cap not matter in this? just wondering. 

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Any interest in offering the Jets a conditional 2022 3rd (could turn into a 2023 2nd) for Sam Darnold?

Not sure if they'd go for it but it could help us in adding a young QB at a low cost with the chance it could pan out. 

I don't.  We have pretty much the same thing with Goff.  A former top pick who has underperformed their draft slot except Goff has still won games and been to a SB.  

If anything, I would rather keep an eye on dropping players and offer our extra first next year with a second if one of our other top prospects falls into the late teens/early 20s.  

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't.  We have pretty much the same thing with Goff.  A former top pick who has underperformed their draft slot except Goff has still won games and been to a SB.  

If anything, I would rather keep an eye on dropping players and offer our extra first next year with a second if one of our other top prospects falls into the late teens/early 20s.  

i agree. no go on darnold. 

Just now, Superduperman said:

They've already made that pick

I haven't been keeping on top of this... but yikes. CB's take 2-3 years to develop. We drafted him at #3 overall. He was the consensus CB1 going into the draft. 

Even if they throw in a future pick, that's not a top 10 pick. Barring Okudah getting into a Deshaun-like situation, I have to imagine that you'd be able to get a late 1st in the 2022 off-season even if he struggles a bit this year and you want to get off of him. 

• Like 2