FFMD 2021 Detroit Lions War Room

Superduperman

Just now, winitall said:

Probably moot since there is no GM around to try and negotiate the trade for us, but I would think this is relatively close on a trade-up for Farley

18 (900)

for 

41 (490)

72 (230)

113 (68)

Total TVC: 788

Would still leave picks 75 and our later 3rd for depth picks. 

what about greg newsome later??????

2 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I want to and have faith in Okudah. and frankly would not be mad at Sewell. Just want a day one stud in the first. does he ply LT? RT? Crosby? Decker? we get Waddle he balls. Smith he balls. ya know? justt day one stuf is all.

They need to get an impact player. We may all disagree on who that is but I think we all agree on needing quality.

Personally I’ve been waffling a bit on rankings and who my number one would be excluding Lawrence and Wilson. (I really like Wilson and you don’t) 🤠 

Unless they move down a few spots I hope they go offence. I wouldn’t be upset with Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Waddle, Slater, Smith.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

im in love with asante samuel and newsome. think they will be around for smaller trade

Can I ask why you love them so much? Newsome seems like a gamble given his injury history and Samuel is weighed down by the questions over whether he can stay on the outside. If those are the targets, might be able to just stay at 41 and wait for one to fall IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

They need to get an impact player. We may all disagree on who that is but I think we all agree on needing quality.

Personally I’ve been waffling a bit on rankings and who my number one would be excluding Lawrence and Wilson. (I really like Wilson and you don’t) 🤠 

Unless they move down a few spots I hope they go offence. I wouldn’t be upset with Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Waddle, Slater, Smith.

hey i like wilson shhhh. but i like rattler more (; 

Just now, winitall said:

Can I ask why you love them so much? Newsome seems like a gamble given his injury history and Samuel is weighed down by the questions over whether he can stay on the outside. If those are the targets, might be able to just stay at 41 and wait for one to fall IMO. 

yes. let me get some points. dont wanna just say opinion. 

No veto. Sorry. That isn't fair to the Cowboys' forum. Plus, I am not trying to get more nose in other GM's choices.

This is why I proposed that GM's started off being clear about how others in the forum should expect things to be run. It's ok as a GM to make your own decisions if you are clear from the start that "Hey, I signed up as GM and you didn't and I am going to have final say on everything" But having somethings as votes and other things as not is where it gets messy.

But at the end of the day @Superduperman signed up for GM and nobody else did, when there was opportunity.

My suggestion is to try and move forward and just get on the same page with war room expectations.

At the end of the day, its fake football. It's not that serious.

@Superduperman has given no indication that he wants to step down, so unless that changes or he just goes inactive, we will move forward as planned. 

4 minutes ago, winitall said:

Greg Newsome

from Chicago (we want grit right?)

Greg Newsome II: Lowest completion % allowed in single coverage in the 2021 Draft class (10.5%)

Greg Newsome II yards allowed in 2020 - Nebraska: 27 - Purdue: 59 - Wisconsin: 7 - Michigan State: 0 - Illinois: 0 - Ohio State: 0

Scouts were also impressed with his ball skills as he led the team with 9 pass breakups in 6 games.

Greg Newsome II, CB, NW + Excellent ball skills + COD/Click and close + Highly instinctual + Quick twitch athlete + Coverage versatility + Field/Situational awareness + Understanding of leverage + Staying square w/ patience + Natural feel/anticipation

some highlights

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Superduperman has given no indication that he wants to step down, so unless that changes or he just goes inactive, we will move forward as planned. 

His last post before disappearing was "Feel free to take over, forum cop". I think we all just want to know how we're moving forward.

He has missed significant time throughout his college career due to injury. Through his three seasons at Northwestern, he missed nine games with an ankle injury as a freshman,four games with an undisclosed injury as a sophomore, and suffered a groin injury in the 2020 Big 10 championship.

negatives

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

His last post before disappearing was "Feel free to take over, forum cop". I think we all just want to know how we're moving forward.

Your next pick is Thursday. So let's give @Superduperman until tomorrow morning to clarify that statement or we will assume that was a resignation.

In the meantime, someone plan on stepping up just in case.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Your next pick is Thursday. So let's give @Superduperman until tomorrow morning to clarify that statement or we will assume that was a resignation.

In the meantime, someone plan on stepping up just in case.

Thanks. 

i would. but TL you have seniority forsure. so you decide with everyone.