Giants sign CB Adoree Jackson; 3 years, $39 million

Turnobili

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sacks are a terrible way to judge, especially as a predictive tool.  Too much randomness. 

Giants were dead last in PRWR last year.

image.png.6670b6f27932a09ff075f357dc050c

48% win rate for the Jets. Dang that’s a lot higher than I would have expected. We didn’t get much pressure off the edge. Just really Q up the middle.

I know you posted this for the Giants tidbit. The Jets ranking almost had my eye balls pop out the sockets.

11 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i refuse the believe the raiders were league average in that stat 

Its because sacks DO matter. No matter what analytic nerds try to tell you with pressures and pass rush win rate blah blah blah. None of that matters if you dont get to the QB.

The Raiders were league average in pass rush win rate but were 29th in the NFL in total sacks. So you have a bunch of guys who can get off their man but not make it home. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its because sacks DO matter. No matter what analytic nerds try to tell you with pressures and pass rush win rate blah blah blah. None of that matters if you dont get to the QB.

The Raiders were league average in pass rush win rate but were 29th in the NFL in total sacks. So you have a bunch of guys who can get off their man but not make it home. 

Matthew Judon has left the chat.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Olivier Vernon and Jadeveon Clowney have joined the chat. I dont care how many blocks you shed if you dont do anything with it.

Yeah it does lol

Getting pressure on the QB results in poor decisions, altered game plans, and turnovers. Getting sacks requires the QB to hold onto the football longer than he should. I’ll take pressures over sacks every day. “Getting home” is obviously nicer because a TFL is damning to an offense, but it also requires the QB to refuse to throw it away or hit his checkdown. Getting sacks is kind of flukey, just like INT’s. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont care how many blocks you shed if you dont do anything with it.

Yes, disruption at the line of scrimmage and pressure has no effect on the QB or offense at large. That's why teams fall all over themselves to pay 100 Mill+ to guys like Aaron Donald and Myles Garrett. Those 15 or 13 plays a Year where they get Sacks are that valuable, nothing else they do matters. Which is why the Panthers getting Hassan Redick for 8 Mill coming off a 12.5 Sack Season is such a historic steal, I mean he's clearly better than Khalil Mack who could only muster 9 Sacks.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Getting sacks is kind of flukey, just like INT’s. 

No, it really isn't. The Steelers have led the league in sacks for four consecutive seasons. Most of the double digit sack guys hover in that range. Sacks are no more fluky than TD passes.

Pressures matter, but the notion that they are more important or more indicative of quality pass rush than sacks is nonsense.

7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Those 15 or 13 plays a Year where they get Sacks are that valuable

A quality pass rusher is usually getting pressures. Why aren't teams taking guys with consistently high pressure rates and falling over backwards to pay them like Mack? The guys who are always close but no cigar type players don't get paid like the top guys producing sacks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm laughing because I thought the Steelers might have had a chance at Jackson. I didn't expect that coming off two injury-ridden down seasons that he'd get this sort of payday.

2019 was his best season as a pro, despite the injury, and he came back in the playoffs and played at a high level. 2020 definitely a down season, obviously, but anyone who signed him would've been hoping for 2019 adoree.