2021 - Cleveland Browns FFMD II War Room

15 minutes ago, FGK said:

Doesn't participate all mock, whines about outcome. Says he likes who we ended up with first pick... but complains about trading down to get him?

I am now officially ignoring anyone who complains about taking BPA instead of whoever is there at the position of most need, after years of us complaining about the team not taking BPA.

Complains about trading down, then complains about trading up.

Yes because trading down put us in position to manipulate the draft and get more players at positions of need...and all our top 5 players were gone. There should not be a single TE, RB, Olineman, WR or QB that the Browns should trade up for....

Trading 2 second day picks to take a WR who at this point would probably be 4th at best on our depth chart.....see its a lot different when you put context to it....

For example...if someone said FGK turned down the chance to Bang Gal Gabot.....

Then we would all be mad at you......NOW if someone said, he turned down the chance to Bang Gal Gabot, because he could then accept the chance to Bang Beyonce and Priyanka Chopra in a 3some....then NO ONE would be mad...see its all about Context...

And I respect it. I will sit out the rest of this and watch from the sidelines my Friend....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
6 minutes ago, FGK said:

For those who haven't paid attention, at all, and are now armchair QBing it:

Trade down from 26 - At 26, our top targets all went in the 5 picks before us (Rousseau, Phillips, JOK, Newsome). Our most likely pick at 26 was Jamin Davis. We traded back to 37 and got... Jamin Davis.

Trade up for Toney - The guy is consensus mocked in the 18-26 range and we got him at 50, and he's an absolutely perfect fit for what we wanted in a #3 (lightning speed and quickness with tons of slot experience). We got two players at need positions (not our top needs, but the draft is for getting future studs, not just plugging holes) who are gonna go top 30 IRL and we got an extra 4th round pick out of it.

The goal is to win now with baker on a rookie contract..... why wouldn’t you trade up to get the stud you want with that mind set or are we lookin down the road? I liked the lb because I pounded the table before in posts to get one 1st..... do you need to be fired again or what other explanation do you need. 

• Like 1
Just now, TypicalBrowns10 said:

The goal is to win now with baker on a rookie contract..... why wouldn’t you trade up to get the stud you want with that mind set or are we lookin down the road? I liked the lb because I pounded the table before in posts to get one 1st..... do you need to be fired again or what other explanation do you need. 

Cause again look what KC did and GB did in our armchair mock draft. 

Cause they’ve been down this road. Go up and get quality. Lmao I got nothing else for you. 

13 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

The KC GM is an idiot... Who is being roundly mocked for that move by the entire rest of the forum and has been since the start... And you want us to be more like him? Trade our entire draft for one dude? Like, you are aware that we are good again because of our analytics heavy FO/Coaching staff combo right? And that one of the big analytics tenants right now is that trading up tends to cost more than it's worth in the 1st round? 

And this is coming from someone who, in hindsight, wouldn't hate moving up 4-5 picks to get Newsome/Rousseau/Phillips in real life.

You keep talking about needing to acquire certain positions and being mad we took position A over position B, which is the kind of thinking that kept us in the crapper for 20 years. You use FA to plug holes, you use the draft to get young, cheap players who will contribute the most while under cost control. Like, maybe you'd have a point if we had drafted a QB/OG who wasn't gonna see the field all year. Both Davis and Toney will start (Toney in 1-1, 0-2, 2-0, or empty) from day one and have impacts. Would I have liked to get equally good DT/DE/CB at those same spots even more? Yeah, probably. But we didn't think that was the case. There was no late 1st round quality DT/DE sliding where we got Toney. And we universally love the Jamin pick.

Stop coming in here being negative and complaining about everything when you put zero work in to get us here. If LinebackerGod wants to complain about us not getting Guinness yet, that's his right because he's been involved and made his case and honestly we probably only took Toney over him because I was louder (I owe you a Guinness, will start working on that trade up soon).

You've done squat and want to act like you know exactly what should be done when you've never participated in one of these before. So stop assuming you are the all-knowing mighty one. You're a fan with a keyboard. And your opinion matters as much as the rest of us. But you've gotta put the work in if you want to be heard without it sounding like a bunch of after the fact second guessing.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, FGK said:

The KC GM is an idiot... Who is being roundly mocked for that move by the entire rest of the forum and has been since the start... And you want us to be more like him? Trade our entire draft for one dude? Like, you are aware that we are good again because of our analytics heavy FO/Coaching staff combo right? And that one of the big analytics tenants right now is that trading up tends to cost more than it's worth in the 1st round? 

And this is coming from someone who, in hindsight, wouldn't hate moving up 4-5 picks to get Newsome/Rousseau/Phillips in real life.

You keep talking about needing to acquire certain positions and being mad we took position A over position B, which is the kind of thinking that kept us in the crapper for 20 years. You use FA to plug holes, you use the draft to get young, cheap players who will contribute the most while under cost control. Like, maybe you'd have a point if we had drafted a QB/OG who wasn't gonna see the field all year. Both Davis and Toney will start (Toney in 1-1, 0-2, 2-0, or empty) from day one and have impacts. Would I have liked to get equally good DT/DE/CB at those same spots even more? Yeah, probably. But we didn't think that was the case. There was no late 1st round quality DT/DE sliding where we got Toney. And we universally love the Jamin pick.

Stop coming in here being negative and complaining about everything when you put zero work in to get us here. If LinebackerGod wants to complain about us not getting Guinness yet, that's his right because he's been involved and made his case and honestly we probably only took Toney over him because I was louder (I owe you a Guinness, will start working on that trade up soon).

You've done squat and want to act like you know exactly what should be done when you've never participated in one of these before. So stop assuming you are the all-knowing mighty one. You're a fan with a keyboard. And your opinion matters as much as the rest of us. But you've gotta put the work in if you want to be heard without it sounding like a bunch of after the fact second guessing.

@TypicalBrowns10and @FGK, pictured left to right

Orangutan-Biology-1-260vlsa.jpg&f=1&nofb

Well first of all Rousseau had more sacks  at that age than Myles Garrett and Chase young

Rousseau is clearly a top 5 pick

To not see the entire board not pushing for a move up is alarming.

If you want to prove your point

Take Wilson and whatever player

You got with the trade and offer him

For Rousseau 

10 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Nude I wish I could do a Laverne and Shirley for you guys.

Too bad that would violate forum rules. I don't want you to have to get banned.

5 minutes ago, FGK said:

Ok, well sorry I work numerous hours but have been around as long as you. Like I can’t help that. So good for you, you got the gravy since you wanna attack being present. Also it’s a forum so it’s all opinionated and I think your wrong. You’re a mod so I have to be careful on what I say or there’s a ban coming but what you said is dumb just now. Cause a guy has more time to post cause he coaches linebackers at a high school has MORE say than someone else on a forum page makes you dumb. Ban me Webby. That logic makes no sense. I’m sorry. I’ll use my breaks that I get and lunches that I get to post more rather than speak to my wife. Again man oh man.

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Yes because trading down put us in position to manipulate the draft and get more players at positions of need...and all our top 5 players were gone. There should not be a single TE, RB, Olineman, WR or QB that the Browns should trade up for....

Trading 2 second day picks to take a WR who at this point would probably be 4th at best on our depth chart.....see its a lot different when you put context to it....

For example...if someone said FGK turned down the chance to Bang Gal Gabot.....

Then we would all be mad at you......NOW if someone said, he turned down the chance to Bang Gal Gabot, because he could then accept the chance to Bang Beyonce and Priyanka Chopra in a 3some....then NO ONE would be mad...see its all about Context...

And I respect it. I will sit out the rest of this and watch from the sidelines my Friend....

There are definitely always trade offs. I think I said above, in hindsight, it wouldn't be a bad idea to move up 4-5 picks IRL to grab Rousseau/Newsome/Phillips. I think in the moment we all thought there would be more OL and WR picks in there to drop one of them to us. But you live and learn.

And I don't mean to say don't be involved, I'm sorry if I come off that way. I'm saying get involved before the decision rather than criticizing afterwards.

Hell, criticize afterwards but do it politely! Rather than "your all fired I the best!" 

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Ok, well sorry I work numerous hours but have been around as long as you. Like I can’t help that. So good for you, you got the gravy since you wanna attack being present. Also it’s a forum so it’s all opinionated and I think your wrong. You’re a mod so I have to be careful on what I say or there’s a ban coming but what you said is dumb just now. Cause a guy has more time to post cause he coaches linebackers at a high school has MORE say than someone else on a forum page makes you dumb. Ban me Webby. That logic makes no sense. I’m sorry. I’ll use my breaks that I get and lunches that I get to post more rather than speak to my wife. Again man oh man.

Nobody's saying don't participate. I'm saying don't act like you are infallible and know exactly what to do and criticize the people who are actually doing it. It's about the attitude, not whether or not you agree with the moves. Like I said, Linebackergod has legit right to be pissed at us for not grabbing Guinness because he's been in the fray. If you're gonna criticize after not being involved the whole time, do it politely instead of "you're all fired, I know best, I'm the smartest!"

10 minutes ago, FGK said:

Nobody's saying don't participate. I'm saying don't act like you are infallible and know exactly what to do and criticize the people who are actually doing it. It's about the attitude, not whether or not you agree with the moves. Like I said, Linebackergod has legit right to be pissed at us for not grabbing Guinness because he's been in the fray. If you're gonna criticize after not being involved the whole time, do it politely instead of "you're all fired, I know best, I'm the smartest!"

Laverne

• Like 1