Jump to content

2021 - Cleveland Browns FFMD II War Room


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

Njoku for Derek Barnett maybe?

No Gracias...

Maybe after the draft....but right now we should be planning to draft a couple of DE's, Curtis Weaver will be coming back this year....and I like keeping our TE room 3 deep, with a Coach of the Year basing his offense of the TE's and Running game....Lets not mess with the Stefandalorian's Offense......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

No Gracias...

Maybe after the draft....but right now we should be planning to draft a couple of DE's, Curtis Weaver will be coming back this year....and I like keeping our TE room 3 deep, with a Coach of the Year basing his offense of the TE's and Running game....Lets not mess with the Stefandalorian's Offense......

Enough with the Stefanigans already.

 

...

@Bonanza23?

🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, NudeTayne said:

Simple question: would you trade our first, Teller and Mack Wilson for Xavien Howard and Preston Williams? 

 

source.gif

 

19 hours ago, FGK said:

Our offensive line is the best in football. This offense is gonna be borderline unstoppable next year. Why would we mess with that to move our defense from okay to above average?

 

giphy.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Cardinals have been trying to get rid of excess receivers--they're valuing Christian Kirk a bit higher (but in contract year and has had flashes but not consistent numbers) and then Andy Isabella/Keesean Johnson as day three guys--and are also interested in Njoku.

Any interest in filling out our WR room with any of these guys? The latter two are available without Njoku (getting about a sixth round value asked for) and Kirk is being packaged--currently with Maxx Williams and a 7th--for Njoku.

Maxx Williams is a very good blocking tight end who will be 27 this season and will need an extension, obviously, but should be like a 2/$7 mil mil added onto the 2021 year that is like $3.5 mil. He is a throw-in to be our TE3. 

What it comes down to is whether we like Christian Kirk in the slot as a burner. He would need an extension as well, though it would probably be something like 3/$15 mil. 

If they will give a mid-third and one of the latter as a throw-in, does that move the needle?

I personally would be good with Isabella, as I think he has upside and still has two rookie years left. What say y'all.

Also, not meaning to **** shame or anything, but some of y'all said you wanted to be involved and I'm getting very little interaction with any of these trade explorations.

#flauntflangeifyougotit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

So the Cardinals have been trying to get rid of excess receivers--they're valuing Christian Kirk a bit higher (but in contract year and has had flashes but not consistent numbers) and then Andy Isabella/Keesean Johnson as day three guys--and are also interested in Njoku.

Any interest in filling out our WR room with any of these guys? The latter two are available without Njoku (getting about a sixth round value asked for) and Kirk is being packaged--currently with Maxx Williams and a 7th--for Njoku.

Maxx Williams is a very good blocking tight end who will be 27 this season and will need an extension, obviously, but should be like a 2/$7 mil mil added onto the 2021 year that is like $3.5 mil. He is a throw-in to be our TE3. 

What it comes down to is whether we like Christian Kirk in the slot as a burner. He would need an extension as well, though it would probably be something like 3/$15 mil. 

If they will give a mid-third and one of the latter as a throw-in, does that move the needle?

I personally would be good with Isabella, as I think he has upside and still has two rookie years left. What say y'all.

Also, not meaning to **** shame or anything, but some of y'all said you wanted to be involved and I'm getting very little interaction with any of these trade explorations.

#flauntflangeifyougotit

 

I was a BIg Max Williams Fan when he was coming out of Minn.....and Christian Kirk might be a solid addition, but I think Njoku is worth to the TE room, than Kirk would be to the WR room. Kirk dosent come in and replace Landry or OBJ, now he's competing with Hollywood for the slot...I think with his Chemistry with Baker, Higgins wins that out....now he's down to competing with the Peoples WR for #4 snaps, and I'd like to see his development. And who's to say the tiny kid from Purdue dosent slip to us in round 3???

This Trade just feels like doing a trade for the sake of......at the end of the year Njoku was our best TE....what if he comes out Gun's a Blazing this year...I think that would add much more to the offense then Christian Kirk THIS season....

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I was a BIg Max Williams Fan when he was coming out of Minn.....and Christian Kirk might be a solid addition, but I think Njoku is worth to the TE room, than Kirk would be to the WR room. Kirk dosent come in and replace Landry or OBJ, now he's competing with Hollywood for the slot...I think with his Chemistry with Baker, Higgins wins that out....now he's down to competing with the Peoples WR for #4 snaps, and I'd like to see his development. And who's to say the tiny kid from Purdue dosent slip to us in round 3???

This Trade just feels like doing a trade for the sake of......at the end of the year Njoku was our best TE....what if he comes out Gun's a Blazing this year...I think that would add much more to the offense then Christian Kirk THIS season....

I'm leaning toward our sixth for Isabella. He seems similar to Rondale Moore in how we would use him though at the cost of a sixth and with some NFL flashes.

Also, I'm surprised how much pushback I've gotten in favor of keeping Njoku. I thought just wanted to get some value and let him go. Hmmmmmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm leaning toward our sixth for Isabella. He seems similar to Rondale Moore in how we would use him though at the cost of a sixth and with some NFL flashes.

Also, I'm surprised how much pushback I've gotten in favor of keeping Njoku. I thought just wanted to get some value and let him go. Hmmmmmm.

If he plays like he did the last 4 games of last year, for a whole season, not only do we get Elite Athleticism, but what looked like a top 10 blocking TE (Important when you lean on the running game like we do) AND we WILL get a 3rd round pick from him after he signs that FA Contract (Cap going back up next year, so teams will have loot to spend)...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

If he plays like he did the last 4 games of last year, for a whole season, not only do we get Elite Athleticism, but what looked like a top 10 blocking TE (Important when you lean on the running game like we do) AND we WILL get a 3rd round pick from him after he signs that FA Contract (Cap going back up next year, so teams will have loot to spend)...

Realistically, what would it take for you to deal him? Pick 70? And what do you think about Isabella?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...