2021 - Cleveland Browns FFMD II War Room

NudeTayne

15 minutes ago, FGK said:

Wow. Wow. Washington got up from 19 to 4 using only Brandon Scherff. I like Scherff but holy cow, that is a MASSIVE discount. Dumb, dumb move for Atlanta.

11 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Thought you meant IRL.  Forgot which thread I was in.

New trade. I'm leaning yes. What do y'all think?

Tyreek and Mecole Hardman for

#26, 5th, OBJ, Mack Wilson, Drew Forbes

(or blow up the receiver room and do Landry + #59 instead of #26 alone? 🤔)

IRL of course.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

New trade. I'm leaning yes. What do y'all think?

Tyreek and Mecole Hardman for

#26, 5th, OBJ, Mack Wilson, Drew Forbes

(or blow up the receiver room and do Landry + #59 instead of #26 alone? 🤔)

IRL of course.

Man. It's tempting.

Tyreek - The guy is clearly an amazing WR, he is in the perfect system right now, would he fit as well with Baker as Mahomes? I bet so, but hard to guarantee. And as others have pointed out, he'd be getting a record setting extension soon. OBJ is getting 15M annually for the next 3. Tyreek gets 15M this year and then 20M next year. There is also some hesitancy from me because of Tyreek's off-field issues in the past. Color me old fashioned, I just don't like actively pursuing dudes with significant domestic violence histories.

Mecole - Young, super fast, with this scenario our WR corps would be totally filled out with Tyreek as the true #1, Landry as the slot/possession guy, and Hardman as the burner.

What we are giving up - WIlson, Forbes, and the 5th don't bother me much. I like Forbes' upside, Wilson is a meh backup, and the 5th is a late round pick. Let's say we are giving all those up for Hardman to make it easier. So that means it comes down to...

OBJ and #26 for Tyreek - IF both guys were healthy, this is a hard no for me. OBJ FEELS old because he broke out so quickly, but he's only a year older than Tyreek. So you're not getting younger, you're not getting cheaper, and IF HEALTHY it's not that big of an upgrade on talent. The thing that makes it a conversation is OBJ's health which hasn't been great since he got here. I still lean toward it not being a big enough of an upgrade to pass on the biggest shot we have this year to get a true difference maker on defense.

Our offense last year WITHOUT OBJ was fantastic. I think we can burn a 4th round pick on a speedster WR and be a top 3-5 unit in the league next year thanks to the continuity and the eliteness of the OL. The defense is our issue. And this trade removes the best shot we have at grabbing a Rousseau, JOK, Parsons, Horn, etc. to take our defense from bleh/meh to sneaky solid.

18 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Landry + #59.

Landry won't be here past this upcoming season anyways. Keeping #26 allows us to draft Caleb Farley (hopefully), sign Clowney, and kill everyone by 100 points.

In this scenario, who is our #2 WR? Tyreek is the clear #1, but I don't know that Mecole is ready to be the #2. Is Higgins our #2 in this case?

I think this is a cool idea, but we're creating more roster holes and consolidating our resources into fewer players at a time during the year when we don't have the chance to fill in the gaps that we would be creating.

Tyreek-Higgins-Hardman-Hodge is a solid 1-4, but it's thinner and less capable of absorbing an injury than OBJ-Landry-5th round pick-Higgins-Hodge (I'm adding the 5th round pick we are giving up in the deal and saying assume it goes to a burner type WR.

37 minutes ago, mtmmike said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DTik_kSVQAAyHbH.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Crap, I fell for it!  Dang you nemesis Mikey. Dang you to hades 

super_heroes_15.jpg

This is why Mike is in the Hall and you're not.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1