2021 - Cleveland Browns FFMD II War Room

NudeTayne

The draft is going pretty well for us. 5 QBs in the top 11 picks. No edges off the board as of pick 15.

JAX - Trevor Lawrence
NYJ - Zach Wilson
SF - Justin Fields
WFT - Trey Lance
CIN - Jamarr Chase
MIA - Kyle Pitts
DET - Penei Sewell
HOU - Patrick Surtain
KC - Devonta Smith
DAL - Jaylen Waddle
NE - Mac Jones
PHI - Micah Parsons
SD - Jaycee Horn
MIN - Rashawn Slater
NYG - Alijah Vera Tucker
MIA - Christian Darrisaw
LV - Trevon Moehrig
MIA - Caleb Farley
ATL - Jaelan Phillips
CHI - Teven Jenkins
IND - Kwity Paye
TEN - Greg Newsome
NYJ - ???
PIT - ???
JAX - ???
CLE - ???

Horn is the only one I thought could drop to the 18-22 range where we could've thought about moving up for him.

With this board, I think edge (Phillips, Paye, Rousseau, Oweh, Ojulari) DT (Barmore) and CB (Newsome, Stokes) are all good targets for us. We could go to a less valuable position like LB (JOK, Collins) or S (Trevon Moehrig), or go totally outside the box like WR (Toney, Rondale Moore, Bateman, Marshall), but I think CB/DE/DT should have a good player available.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Move up for Rousseau?

I'd be open to it. I like Paye and Phillips (assuming medical clears) too, so I'm not in a hurry to do so, but I'd be willing to talk about it.

I feel like there is so much edge depth right now, and the tier of them (to most observers at least) seems so level, that we are gonna see a few more OL/WR picks before the edge run starts up.

1 minute ago, FGK said:

I'd be open to it. I like Paye and Phillips (assuming medical clears) too, so I'm not in a hurry to do so, but I'd be willing to talk about it.

I feel like there is so much edge depth right now, and the tier of them (to most observers at least) seems so level, that we are gonna see a few more OL/WR picks before the edge run starts up.

For these reasons (and I don't necessarily love Rousseau), I would not be in favor of moving up.

What can we get in terms of value via trade-back if EDGE is not there? For instance, if we are going to miss out on an EDGE guy, could we look at trading back and acquiring something like Phillips or a DT AND someone like Asante Samuel Jr., while having another 2nd Rounder?

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What can we get in terms of value via trade-back if EDGE is not there? For instance, if we are going to miss out on an EDGE guy, could we look at trading back and acquiring something like Phillips or a DT AND someone like Asante Samuel Jr., while having another 2nd Rounder?

Phillips and the top DT (Barmore) are gonna go late 1st. I'm usually all about trading down, would depend on the price, but if we want one of those guys, we can't move out of the 1st.

I've been reading summaries and watching tape and I'm honestly not sure which edge I want lol.

Rousseau - PROS - Huge, monster 2019, can rush the passer inside or out - CONS - Sat out 2020, bad athletic testing at pro day, raw
Phillips - PROS - Great all around player, can excel against run and pass - CONS - Lots of injury troubles in 2017-2018
Paye - PROS - Inside/Outside rusher, very strong - CONS - Short for the edge arm length is short too
Oweh - PROS - FREAK athlete, super productive in limited snaps in 2019 - CONS - no sacks in 2020, reduced production in COVID year

I don't think Azeez Ojulari is a good fit for us. He should be a 3-4 OLB or the pass rush heavy LB in a 4-3 that regularly rushes 5 (the Von Miller role).

I like all 4 of the top edges to one degree or another. If I had to rank them, I'd probably go Rousseau, Phillips, Oweh, Paye. But I'd be happy with any of them here.

16 minutes ago, FGK said:

Phillips and the top DT (Barmore) are gonna go late 1st. I'm usually all about trading down, would depend on the price, but if we want one of those guys, we can't move out of the 1st.

I've been reading summaries and watching tape and I'm honestly not sure which edge I want lol.

Rousseau - PROS - Huge, monster 2019, can rush the passer inside or out - CONS - Sat out 2020, bad athletic testing at pro day, raw
Phillips - PROS - Great all around player, can excel against run and pass - CONS - Lots of injury troubles in 2017-2018
Paye - PROS - Inside/Outside rusher, very strong - CONS - Short for the edge arm length is short too
Oweh - PROS - FREAK athlete, super productive in limited snaps in 2019 - CONS - no sacks in 2020, reduced production in COVID year

I don't think Azeez Ojulari is a good fit for us. He should be a 3-4 OLB or the pass rush heavy LB in a 4-3 that regularly rushes 5 (the Von Miller role).

I like all 4 of the top edges to one degree or another. If I had to rank them, I'd probably go Rousseau, Phillips, Oweh, Paye. But I'd be happy with any of them here.

What do you think of the CB's there? The board is shaking out well for us.

Updated my original post with the rest of the teams before us. I'll keep that updated as best I can. Gonna go into their forums and see if I can figure out who they are considering.

CHI - Probably an OT or WR
IND - OT or Edge (CB/WR also possible, but I'm guessing this is the first edge off the board unless Miami takes one)
TEN - Gonna be a WR, one guy on the forum who loves Barmore, but 90% this is a WR
NYJ - Functioning as a one man band. The mocks in their forum are mostly OT/WR/TE/CB with that pick.
PIT - Multiple RBs mentioned, OT but they don't like who is there, JOK
JAX - Using a Code. Booooo.

1 minute ago, FGK said:

Updated my original post with the rest of the teams before us. I'll keep that updated as best I can. Gonna go into their forums and see if I can figure out who they are considering.

MIA - Want to trade down. Using a code.
ATL - If the pick is like the trade down, someone rated as a 4th round prospect (it's a one man band, no discussion happening)
CHI - Probably an OT or WR
IND - OT or Edge (CB/WR also possible, but I'm guessing this is the first edge off the board unless Miami takes one)
TEN - Gonna be a WR, one guy on the forum who loves Barmore, but 90% this is a WR
NYJ - Functioning as a one man band. The mocks in their forum are mostly OT/WR/TE/CB with that pick.
PIT - Multiple RBs mentioned, OT but they don't like who is there, JOK, Caleb Farley
JAX - Using a Code. Booooo.

Excellent

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What do you think of the CB's there? The board is shaking out well for us.

Now that Farley is off the board, I think the clear top outside guys left are Greg Newsome II, Tyson Campbell, and Asante Samuel Jr. (I don't like Eric Stokes). The top slot guys are all 2nd round or later looks IMO.

I like Newsome a lot. Again, like Phillips (who just got taken by ATL), his question marks are all medical. If he's healthy, he's an amazing scheme fit for the Joe Woods, Seattle C3 defense. Campbell isn't as good of a fit for our system, and Samuel is pretty short (5'10) to be pairing him with Ward.