2021 - Cleveland Browns FFMD II War Room

NudeTayne

20 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The board is shaking out well for us.

Agreed.

It's all personal preferences at this point.

Of who's left, I really like Kwity Paye.  Not a huge fan of Rousseau, but I get it if you guys want him.  Totally cool with one of the CB's. Wouldn't even mind taking JOK or Zaven Collins either.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

What can we get in terms of value via trade-back if EDGE is not there? For instance, if we are going to miss out on an EDGE guy, could we look at trading back and acquiring something like Phillips or a DT AND someone like Asante Samuel Jr., while having another 2nd Rounder?

9 minutes ago, FGK said:

Now that Farley is off the board, I think the clear top outside guys left are Greg Newsome II, Tyson Campbell, and Asante Samuel Jr. (I don't like Eric Stokes). The top slot guys are all 2nd round or later looks IMO.

I like Newsome a lot. Again, like Phillips (who just got taken by ATL), his question marks are all medical. If he's healthy, he's an amazing scheme fit for the Joe Woods, Seattle C3 defense. Campbell isn't as good of a fit for our system, and Samuel is pretty short (5'10) to be pairing him with Ward. 

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Agreed.

It's all personal preferences at this point.

Of who's left, I really like Kwity Paye.  Not a huge fan of Rousseau, but I get it if you guys want him.  Totally cool with one of the CB's. Wouldn't even mind taking JOK or Zaven Collins either.

Exploring trade-downs but haven't gotten any decent offers yet.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

I think we've hit a clear tier of 20-30 guys who are all worth the pick, but no huge "steals" so we've already seen the teams at 18, 20, and 24 offering to trade down with people. I don't think we are gonna get value to do so.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you guys take Oweh, be prepared for a verbal thrashing :) 

The sacks weren't there this year, but the pressures were still solid. And you don't get an athlete like him every year. And there's precedent for hyper athletic college guys being badly used in their defensive scheme and exploding at the pro level with a new role (Ansah, JPP, and Daniele Hunter). He's not my first choice at this point, but he'd be in my top 4-5.

I mean, this is a 6'5 260 guy who ran a 4.36! That's like, top end burner receiver speed! Athleticism like that makes you sit up and pay attention.

• Like 2

And there goes Rousseau too. Darn. Well, I have an idea for who the top spot on my board is now. But I'm not gonna say it out loud now. Cause we're getting snaked like crazy lol.

If you want my thoughts currently, PM me haha.

1 hour ago, FGK said:

The sacks weren't there this year, but the pressures were still solid. And you don't get an athlete like him every year. And there's precedent for hyper athletic college guys being badly used in their defensive scheme and exploding at the pro level with a new role (Ansah, JPP, and Daniele Hunter). He's not my first choice at this point, but he'd be in my top 4-5.

I mean, this is a 6'5 260 guy who ran a 4.36! That's like, top end burner receiver speed! Athleticism like that makes you sit up and pay attention.

Agreed. I know we’re gambling on upside, but you’re likely looking at low floor vs. high ceiling there. Unless you wanna look at high floor vs. low ceiling guys.

It might come down to upside (Oweh) or safety (Basham) with that #26 pick if we go DE. 

Update for the new page:

JAX - Trevor Lawrence
NYJ - Zach Wilson
SF - Justin Fields
WFT - Trey Lance
CIN - Jamarr Chase
MIA - Kyle Pitts
DET - Penei Sewell
HOU - Patrick Surtain
KC - Devonta Smith
DAL - Jaylen Waddle
NE - Mac Jones
PHI - Micah Parsons
SD - Jaycee Horn
MIN - Rashawn Slater
NYG - Alijah Vera Tucker
MIA - Christian Darrisaw
LV - Trevon Moehrig
MIA - Caleb Farley
ATL - Jaelan Phillips
CHI - Teven Jenkins
IND - Kwity Paye
TEN - Greg Newsome
NYJ - Greg Rousseau
PIT - ???
JAX - ???
CLE - ???

Pittsburgh is taking Etienne or trading down with Philly, who took Micah Parsons with their 1st pick.

Update: Philly is split on the trade offer, so it looks like Etienne to Pitt is a lock. Then it's just JAX before us.

3 minutes ago, FGK said:

Pittsburgh is taking Etienne or trading down with Philly, who took Micah Parsons with their 1st pick.

We are still debating a trade and I have to log off now for a bit. I am pretty confident our target slides to you. So let's chat before you make your final pick. I should be back on in a couple hours 

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Sorry can't help just working on draft and trying to work analytics

On the geeks. 

Things are looking real promising to stay where we are at.

Then trade up in the second. 

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry can't help just working on draft and trying to work analytics

On the geeks. 

Things are looking real promising to stay where we are at.

Then trade up in the second. 

There are two guys I like at our spot so if a good trade-down is there, maybe. Otherwise we can just stay pat. Message my inbox if you want to recommend any prospects.

Edited by NudeTayne