Week 7: Tennessee Titans (3-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-6)

titansNvolsR#1

How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?

• >90%
    • >70%
    • >50%
    • <50%

Call me crazy... but I'd think long and hard about relegating Marcus to backup duty in this game.  Can Cassel or Weeden (almost leaning Weeden at this point) lead us to a victory against the Browns.  I'd dress Mariota in case we need him in the second half (every win counts)... but if we can pull off the win without him playing... and him getting two weeks off with the bye... it would help him heal better... at least I think it would... and would help us down the stretch.  

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Call me crazy... but I'd think long and hard about relegating Marcus to backup duty in this game.  Can Cassel or Weeden (almost leaning Weeden at this point) lead us to a victory against the Browns.  I'd dress Mariota in case we need him in the second half (every win counts)... but if we can pull off the win without him playing... and him getting two weeks off with the bye... it would help him heal better... at least I think it would... and would help us down the stretch.  

If he's able to go as well as he was last night, he has to play. I have no faith in this offense without Mariota. 

6 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Mularkey said Mariota made it through the game with no setbacks, so fully expect him to play.

And we couldn't win a game where we practically completely shut down Miami's offense and got what..3 turnovers? and we still couldn't score more than 10(well, 17 if you factor in the refs ripping us off). I wouldn't bet on us beating too many teams without Mariota. Cassel isn't good. And for whatever reason, the o-line is garbage with him in the game too.

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Mularkey said Mariota made it through the game with no setbacks, so fully expect him to play.

And we couldn't win a game where we practically completely shut down Miami's offense and got what..3 turnovers? and we still couldn't score more than 10(well, 17 if you factor in the refs ripping us off). I wouldn't bet on us beating too many teams without Mariota. Cassel isn't good. And for whatever reason, the o-line is garbage with him in the game too.

I expect him to play too.... but if I was making the call, I may sit him (may).  I've stated a few times that the Dolphins DL is probably the best DL we've played all year.  They may not be the "best" defense we've played this year... but they are the best at stopping our type of game.  

But then again... the Browns have been excellent against the run this year... 5th in the NFL giving up 84 rushing yards per game... and 1st in average yards per rushing attempt at 3.0 (better than the Broncos by hundredths of a decimal).  They're middle of the pack against the pass... giving up 226/g... but they've also given up 14 passing TDs (tied for last, one worse than us!)

So on 2nd thought... nevermind... we will need him... especially if the Browns are successful shutting down the run game like they have most everyone else.  

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Crazy. Starting Cassel would be a clear indicator that we're taking this game for granted. And man, we better not be taking any game for granted. If the bye week had already taken place, I could almost get behind this line of thinking.

No matter who the quarterback is, I just pray that we come out and be aggressive defensively. Kizer has shown himself prone to turnovers and Hogan's incredibly limited. Just attack and try to force some bad throws (which sould inevitable come). Don't just let them sit in the pocket and survey the field for five seconds before dumping it down for eight yards again and again and again and again.

I mean the Browns came back and beat us two years ago with Johnny Manziel and didn't they almost come back and beat us last year with Cody Kessler? If we sit Mariota I honestly think we lose. Mariota's running ability, contrary to "I love me some everybody" Gruden, actually opens up our running game, not the passing game. Hell, I'm not confident we'll win with him.

Also, fire the coaching staff. Is that before halftime?

Yes it’s probably after the first 2 drives we want the coaches fired

As for Mariota he needs to play. I don’t think this game will be easy but who knows maybe this is the game we actually get a few INTs but right now we arnt getting many sacks so I wonder if Kizer has a similar start to Brissett. Titans should win this game though they need to go out take care of business and get to the bye and take care of business the 2nd half of the season when we should be close to fully healthy 

9 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Mariota's running ability, contrary to "I love me some everybody" Gruden, actually opens up our running game, not the passing game.

100%. I said it a few games back... But without Mariota back there, the o-line, run game, even the passing game suffers simply from the lack of his ability to be smart with his feet. Its not just his running ability... Its his decision making. 

All these jet sweeps and other read options dont work when he's not able to run... So the d can focus on the rb (WR, TE, whoever the "runner" is.

Kizer officially starting for the Browns.

So before the season they said they were going to start him through thick and thin, then benched him and said it was best for his future, now they're starting him again for the forseeable future. What a mess.

Something I'm looking for in this game is Decker building off of Monday's performance. Was playing against a bad secondary, but he kept finding the holes in the zone and was seemingly open on every third down. Seemed like he was finally on the same page as Mariota, and finally gave us a 3rd option instead of defenses knowing either Matthews or Walker was getting the pass on 3rd down.

Archived