Week 7: Tennessee Titans (3-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-6)

titansNvolsR#1

How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?

• >90%
    • >70%
    • >50%
    • <50%

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Kizer officially starting for the Browns.

So before the season they said they were going to start him through thick and thin, then benched him and said it was best for his future, now they're starting him again for the forseeable future. What a mess.

I read on rotoworld that there were rumors they benched Kizer last week just so he didn’t have to go up against Watson since the Browns could’ve had him before making the trade with Houston. 

As for the game, this is a game that we SHOULD win fairly easily against a team we are clearly more talented than with our defense coming off its best half of football in a while. You know what that means. Chalk up the L. 

Only half kidding. I think we win but this is exactly the type of game that just screams “same ol titans” to me. 

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Made sure to start Njoku this week in both leagues. Let's see how Brown does.

Actually made me curious to go through and see how we've done vs TEs this year.

Cook had 5 catches for 56 yards

Lewis didn't catch a pass

Graham had 7 for 72

Griffin had 2 for 13

Thomas had 1 for 15

Doyle had 7 for 50 and a TD

So 3 good games, 3 bad games, haven't quite been "torched" yet. I don't recall Doyle doing that much against us, I just remember his TD and his fumble, but seems he did alright.

Mariota was a full participant today. Mularkey and Marcus both said that that he's moving better than Monday. I'm totally fine going into Cleveland with the same gameplan as the Colts. If he's comfortable, maybe roll him out a few times, but don't push it. Just get to the bye week with no setbacks.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Graham had 7 for 72

Griffin had 2 for 13

Thomas had 1 for 15

So 3 good games, 3 bad games, haven't quite been "torched" yet. I don't recall Doyle doing that much against us, I just remember his TD and his fumble, but seems he did alright.

Doyle had a terrible game outside of that TD 

34 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Morgan did not practice due to his abdominal strain, nor did Murray, apparently his hamstring is still bothering him. Gotta wonder if sitting Murray is a consideration so he can be healthy after the bye.

Davis also didn't practice again today. Wasn't ruled out yet so there is a chance but you would think he would have to practice Friday at least to have a chance. This would be a great matchup to get him worked back in with.

1 hour ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Davis also didn't practice again today. Wasn't ruled out yet so there is a chance but you would think he would have to practice Friday at least to have a chance. This would be a great matchup to get him worked back in with.

Davis was already ruled out this week.

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Graham had 7 for 72

Griffin had 2 for 13

Thomas had 1 for 15

Was Brown really matched up against them the whole game? I don't think so. I know Williamson guarded Doyle mainly because of that strip after the catch.  

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Was Brown really matched up against them the whole game? I don't think so. I know Williamson guarded Doyle mainly because of that strip after the catch.  

I have no idea how often Brown guarded them. Was just solely looking at how TEs have done vs us this year.

For what it's worth, Brown has the 2nd most coverage snaps among the ILBs on the team with 126. Woodyard has 146, Williamson has 110.

nTUu4X54TDOQl6VyALEgGA.png

For the record, this isn't them ranking Brown the 3rd best ILB. It's just sorted by cover snaps per reception, which he's 3rd best at in the league.

Woodyard's numbers:

RWGsC_fXS6GoWgl-al4ZBg.png

Williamson's:

vxUJshGPSsOR90MVXvNx-Q.png

As shown above, Brown is 3rd in cover snaps per reception, he's 19th in yards per cover snap, 15th in cover snaps per target, 11th in yards allowed. This is out of 36 qualifying ILBs.

Archived