2021 Dallas Cowboys FFMD War Room

D82

32 minutes ago, D82 said:

He has the flex? Just looked him up and saw he's listed as a DB.

And Wallow and Fisher are up there for me.

I just typed up a good chunk on Deablo in the Draft prospects thread. In general, I think Dan Quinn's prototype for WLB and SS are basically the same player. Deablo is 6'3"+, 225 lbs, super athletic, good tackler, and feel for zone coverage. Have him shadow Keanu Neal for a year and then take over all of his snaps in 2022.

You cannot take Paddy Fisher after running a 4.9+. Wallow is a solid prospect... he profiles as a solid special teamer early in his career with potential to develop into a starter at some point. His upside is dwarfed by Deablo's IMO, but I'd be excited about a Deablo-Wallow pairing with 116 and 139.

The true LBer left that I'd prefer to Wallow is Tony Fields II, though. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I just typed up a good chunk on Deablo in the Draft prospects thread. In general, I think Dan Quinn's prototype for WLB and SS are basically the same player. Deablo is 6'3"+, 225 lbs, super athletic, good tackler, and feel for zone coverage. Have him shadow Keanu Neal for a year and then take over all of his snaps in 2022.

You cannot take Paddy Fisher after running a 4.9+. Wallow is a solid prospect... he profiles as a solid special teamer early in his career with potential to develop into a starter at some point. His upside is dwarfed by Deablo's IMO, but I'd be excited about a Deablo-Wallow pairing with 116 and 139.

The true LBer left that I'd prefer to Wallow is Tony Fields II, though. 

Fields is another good one. 

I'm not opposed to Deablo, just have other guys I like a little better. His upside sounds promising though.

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who do you like better? Still just Wallow and Fisher? I’m genuinely curious. Not a lot of names are popping out to me.

I liked Fisher, but the more I read up on him the more he's probably more in the mold of the old school downhill thumper that's going to have a hard time finding success in today's league. Which sucks, because in the 90s he probably is a 1st round pick. 

I like Wallow, Fields is a good guy I just have a later grade on him. 

21 minutes ago, D82 said:

I liked Fisher, but the more I read up on him the more he's probably more in the mold of the old school downhill thumper that's going to have a hard time finding success in today's league. Which sucks, because in the 90s he probably is a 1st round pick. 

I like Wallow, Fields is a good guy I just have a later grade on him. 

I guess I'm trying to get an idea for who you like at our next pick...? Is it Wallow?

Talanoa Hufanga is another I’d consider coming up and one who fits the same mold of hybrid S/LB. I tend to agree with NYFDB though, that Deablo might be to good to pass up in that type of role. JaCody Stevens is probably worth a mention as well.

If not for the extensive injury history Justin Hilliard is probably a top 64 pick. Not sure where a good spot to snag him would be, but definitely someone we should keep an eye on.

Khyiris Tonga would be a terrific addition at 1T.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Talanoa Hufanga is another I’d consider coming up and one who fits the same mold of hybrid S/LB. I tend to agree with NYFDB though, that Deablo might be to good to pass up in that type of role. JaCody Stevens is probably worth a mention as well.

If not for the extensive injury history Justin Hilliard is probably a top 64 pick. Not sure where a good spot to snag him would be, but definitely someone we should keep an eye on.

Khyiris Tonga would be a terrific addition at 1T.

Not a Hufanga fan. I had issues with his tape, and then he showed up to his Pro Day under 200lbs and was very mediocre on the speed and agility drills. He doesn't even profile as a really good special teamer. I feel like this might be one of those guys with name recognition that you constantly see on the waiver wire every 8 weeks before he finally flames out of the NFL.

Don't know much about Hilliard, but was really poor at his pro day. He still injured?

Stevens and Tonga are worth keeping an eye on, I agree.

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m all for adding another LB here. Not opposed to Wallow, but I think I’d lean towards Derrick Barnes. Really impressed with him and his potential, and will add some pass rush juice as a rookie.

Don't want to look at DE or some other position?

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Don’t love guys who can sack the QB in college. Not a Robinson guy.

Don’t know enough about Dimukeje.

Had a total of 21.5 sacks over four years.