2021 Dallas Cowboys FFMD War Room

D82

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

With @JWingateaway. You'll need to help navigate round 2. I helped get us a CB 2 and a playmaker. The rest I leave to you fine folks. 

Haha, I’m definitely only here to chime in from the peanut gallery, but Richie Grant is a pretty good name! Jabril Cox and Nick Bolton as well. Or any of the OTs.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Haha, I’m definitely only here to chime in from the peanut gallery, but Richie Grant is a pretty good name! Jabril Cox and Nick Bolton as well. Or any of the OTs.

Yeah, I'd say LB, OL, S would be our top needs right now. Maybe DT.

Seems like:

The Eagles wanted Waddle & saw no value in drafting a CB to cover everyone.

The Redskins are upset we added more firepower to fight their defense.

The Giants...have not been trolled by us...yet. Although somehow we managed to blow up the Lions with that trade. I will make note to target the other blue team in the future of my mischievous acts.

I feel like @Matts4313 would be proud.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

The Lions forum is up in arms over trade. Rightfully so too. lol. 

I think we clearly won - but I don't think it's actually as bad as people make it out to be.

New regime gives up on a player who was awful last year & THEY didn't draft while they still have some value. If Jeff sucks again this year no one is trading for him and calling him a bust. This way they get a top 100 pick in a deep draft and a top 20 WR motivated to do really well.

Did we win? Sure. But people are looking at this purely from a name standpoint. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think we clearly won - but I don't think it's actually as bad as people make it out to be.

New regime gives up on a player who was awful last year & THEY didn't draft while they still have some value. If Jeff sucks again this year no one is trading for him and calling him a bust. This way they get a top 100 pick in a deep draft and a top 20 WR motivated to do really well.

Did we win? Sure. But people are looking at this purely from a name standpoint. 

Yeah, I mean...it's not like it's an unprecedented move. We've seen teams give up on a 1st round pick before, at QB no less - a much higher valued position. 

Gallup isn't a bum, either. I really feel like he's poised for a breakout season, and he already has a 1,000 one under his belt - probably two if Dak didn't get injured.

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Seems like:

The Eagles wanted Waddle & saw no value in drafting a CB to cover everyone.

The Redskins are upset we added more firepower to fight their defense.

The Giants...have not been trolled by us...yet. Although somehow we managed to blow up the Lions with that trade. I will make note to target the other blue team in the future of my mischievous acts.

I feel like @Matts4313 would be proud.

How are our NFCE opponents going to feel if we draft Waddle vs. if we draft Surtain?

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

@CAPJ Thoughts so far?

Hey sorry, I got tied up with work all night last night and today :(. Loved the Gallup trade.

I think O-line, Safety or Dline is in play in the 2nd round.

Anyone else on the block?

4 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Hey sorry, I got tied up with work all night last night and today :(. Loved the Gallup trade.

I think O-line, Safety or Dline is in play in the 2nd round.

Anyone else on the block?

Williams, Schultz and Jaylon