Green Bay re-signs CB Kevin King to a 1-year 6M deal.

Broncofan

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i might as well be the 4th to post this

pack-55.gif

Gotta get some mileage out of his few interceptions. One thing I see people knocking him for is his tackling.  That’s crazy because 1, if your corners are doing a ton of tackling that’s not good and 2, he’s made some great open field tackles. If he has a highlight reel, those will stand out more than any picks. 

He gets banged up too easily and doesn’t seem to be able to play through injuries as well as other guys. Being out on an island tough, you get the blame even on some plays that aren’t your fault. He is unique physically from most corners and when healthy, can be a matchup problem. 

Cheap deal that gives us flexibility in the draft. We will still need a good CB there. 

I think if Green Bay gets back to the NFCCG this year they should send a gift basket to the Saints. New Orleans showed everyone (except New Orleans) how to save their team with cap shenanigans (it was too late for the Saints in year 8 of shenanigans)

I did not think GB could keep King, Jones, and Tonyan this year.

If all they lose is Linsley and Williams then they had a pretty good offseason.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

You literally made the assertion he is subpar and then expect others to do the legwork for you.

Lazy.

I actually responded to a post of someone saying he was above average. 

Lazy.

9 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Man I was high on Jackson coming out that year too 

Plenty of people were. Some had him over Denzel Ward as CB1. Also know that a lot of people really liked Jaire and thought that he was CB1, but he had injury and durability concerns entering the NFL, along with being only 5'10". As far as on-field product for Alexander goes, he had everything as a prospect. Now, Josh Jackson isn't an athletic freak, but everyone loved his frame and sticky cover skills. If I remember correctly, didn't he have amazing ball skills in college, too? Is the the one that had a ton of INTs, or am I thinking of someone else? Regardless, I definitely recall a lot of people really liking him.

16 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya? ;)

Kevin King with a clutch Interception (Week 2) - YouTube

Kevin King #20 interception Packers/Vikings - YouTube

2019 King was pretty good. 2020, not really. Hopefully he can play like 2019 again on an incentive driven deal.

Did it even matter in the end? Both teams made the playoffs that year and I don't think we would've caught up with you for the division anyways in 2019.

22 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I see the spoonfed media narrative that King sucks cause he struggled in the NFCCG has reached beyond the Packers fan base.

If you're excited because you think we got worse having Kevin King as CB2 instead of Josh Jackson who was penciled in there at the moment....well you're not too smart.

This is a good signing, King, Alexander, Savage, Amos is a top 10 secondary for sure. Add a day 1 or 2 DB to go along with Chandon Sullivan and we will be deep there too.

The problem isn't that he isn't an upgrade over our then-current CB2, the problem is that it doesn't upgrade last year's CB2 when the same money perhaps could have on a guy like Breeland (who has experience in the system to boot), Bouye, Butler, Hayward, Veret, Sherman (?), etc.