FFMD 2021 Packers War Room

MaximusGluteus

***Insert fancy picture/funny GIF/clever phrase/edgy saying here***

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on prospects, draft picks, potential trades, etc.

Link to depth chart and trade block:

Link to draft board (to follow who's been picked and who is still available):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13qq5rz3FTI2PWNqBAakeZ6qMGDCr9n23uLtVN1pr_HA/edit?ts=603491f7#gid=1177407507

Draft results:

Traded #29 for #33 and #131

2-1 (#33):  Christian Barmore - IDL - Alabama

2-30 (#62):  Jevon Holland - S/CB - Oregon

3-29 (#93):  Brady Christensen - OT - BYU

Traded #136 and #143 for #111

4-5 (#111):  Nico Collins - WR - Michigan

4-25 (#131):  Kendrick Green - IOL - Illinois

5-29 (#174):  Keith Taylor Jr. - CB - Washington

5-33 (#178):  Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota State

6-30 (#214):  Ta'Quon Graham - IDL - Texas

6-36 (#220):  Drew Dalman - C - Stanford

7-29 (#257):  Shawn Davis - S - Florida

Traded Josh Jackson for #258

7-30 (#258):  Jonathon Cooper - Edge - Ohio State

Edited by MaximusGluteus

Depth chart added to OP.  Let me know if I missed anyone or if I added someone who shouldn't be there.

Trade block added as well.  Give me your thoughts on the guys I've put in there and/or if you think I should add anyone else.  I've been getting inquiries about Jordan Love.

I'll also be starting a Discord for anyone who might want to have discussions about what prospects we're interested in or what we should ask for in trades out of the reach of prying eyes from other teams.  Let me know if you're interested in joining.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

32 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

We're up in 3 picks.  If anyone would like to chat in Discord let me know and I'll get one started.  Otherwise give some ideas on who you guys like.  Trading back is a possibility depending on how the board falls and if anyone wants to trade up.

JOK, Ojulari and Cosmic are my best available, with Barmore in the mix for me. JOK is the 15th player on my board, so that'd be pretty stellar value at 29.

• Like 2

@Packerraymond

Hey, on your list up there....can you rank the players by what you think is best available?  Then, can you rank them by how best they help the team?

Here's why.  I've been watching JOK stuff.  No doubt he can play at a high level.  I'm still not sure of how he would fit on our team, or where.  Curious to hear your thoughts on him

And Barmore...with how thin we are on the DL, I think he's the guy you almost have to take if he is there.  Plugs a big hole.  And he should be a great compliment to Clark.

Just curious if you can go in depth a little bit.

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

@Packerraymond

Hey, on your list up there....can you rank the players by what you think is best available?  Then, can you rank them by how best they help the team?

Here's why.  I've been watching JOK stuff.  No doubt he can play at a high level.  I'm still not sure of how he would fit on our team, or where.  Curious to hear your thoughts on him

And Barmore...with how thin we are on the DL, I think he's the guy you almost have to take if he is there.  Plugs a big hole.  And he should be a great compliment to Clark.

Just curious if you can go in depth a little bit.

I think JOK can almost be your nickel in base, play a lot of 3-3-5 with Z on the line and JOK out on the alley like Notre Dame plays him a lot of the time. Then slid him over as the true MIKE in subpackages. Just think of what advantage having a LB that can cover the Kamara/Mccaffrey's of the world is. Not to mention a spy for the mobile QBs. That's how Tampa operates and why they're so hard for spread teams to beat. JOK isn't a traditional player, if you're trying to pencil him into a traditional role, you're wasting your time taking him. Need to get creative. He's such a weapon in the alleys, with how much of the game is going jet sweep, bubbles, WR screens, outside zone, the alley has become just as important to protect as up the gut.

I'm still BPA drafting in rd 1 this year, Barmore is a top 30 guy to me, but the 3 others I listed are in my top 25. If Barmore played all year like he did down the stretch, I think he'd have more helium. He was entirely mediocre for the middle stretch of the year though. Can't be mad at a guy of his caliber next to Clark, but JOK, Cosmi and Ojulari are better prospects IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I think JOK can almost be your nickel in base, play a lot of 3-3-5 with Z on the line and JOK out on the alley like Notre Dame plays him a lot of the time. Then slid him over as the true MIKE in subpackages. Just think of what advantage having a LB that can cover the Kamara/Mccaffrey's of the world is. Not to mention a spy for the mobile QBs. That's how Tampa operates and why they're so hard for spread teams to beat. JOK isn't a traditional player, if you're trying to pencil him into a traditional role, you're wasting your time taking him. Need to get creative. He's such a weapon in the alleys, with how much of the game is going jet sweep, bubbles, WR screens, outside zone, the alley has become just as important to protect as up the gut.

How is this any different than the Deion Jones discussions we had a few years ago?  It really isn't.  He's always going to be a guy who is going to be dependent on the big guys in front fo him.  If you're not able to keep him clean, he's going to struggle.  Do you trust our DL to do that?  Because I certainly don't.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm still BPA drafting in rd 1 this year, Barmore is a top 30 guy to me, but the 3 others I listed are in my top 25. If Barmore played all year like he did down the stretch, I think he'd have more helium. He was entirely mediocre for the middle stretch of the year though. Can't be mad at a guy of his caliber next to Clark, but JOK, Cosmi and Ojulari are better prospects IMO.

If Barmore played how he did down the stretch, we'd be talking about a top 20 lock and someone the Packers wouldn't realistically have a shot at drafting.  You're essentially drafting him with the hope that his best player is moving forward.  Cosmi has the functional strength concerns, but the athleticism is there.  Technique is a mixed bag.  You see the potential but needs the consistency.  Ojulari reminds me of Leonard Floyd.  Might be a bit of a lazy comparison, but seems to fill that Floyd/Barr mold more.