FFMD 2021 Packers War Room

MaximusGluteus

Barmore is explosive.  If you believe what his coaches said, it took a while this year for him to learn what they wanted from him.  Once he did, he took over games.

To me?  He's like Kenny Clark for the fact that he's young.  Very athletic.  With size.  He isn't going to be a world beater out of the gates, but there is a ton of potential there.  And...he has some great quickness to pair next to Kenny.

It is a very, very good pick.  Plugs one of the biggest holes on the roster.

I'm pretty thrilled with how this is shaking out.  We traded down and got great value.  Got a star player for the secondary to play the slot or hybrid S.  Got the tackle who can play right away.  Picked up a developmental WR that fits out mold.

Now if only we can snag an inside guy that can play center and guard.....

I hope for another developmental/boundary CB.  A WR with "gadget" in him and maybe a RB with the last pick.

I don't feel like many of the DL prospects are worth anything even later in the draft.  It is just a bad class.  We got the cream of the crop at that position.

Just to sum up.

Trade down, select Barmore, DT.  At #33.

Picked up a 4'th rounder.

Selected Jevon Holland, CB/S at #62.

Selected Brady Christensen, T.  In the 3rd. #93.

Nico Collins, WR.  In the 4'th.  Pick #111.  Had to trade two lower 4'th rounders to get him.

Kendrick Green, OG/C.  In the 4th.

• Like 3

If this is about what the Packers would do then Green is probably is not an option. Since 1992 the Packers have drafted 1 OL who was that short and it was by Mike Sherman in 2004. Sherman in his few years in charge seemed to throw Wolf's measurables out the window, but since TT returned they would seem to be back in place. Fairly sure height matters. 

The rest of the draft would be great IMO if it turned out that way. 

9 minutes ago, R T said:

If this is about what the Packers would do then Green is probably is not an option. Since 1992 the Packers have drafted 1 OL who was that short and it was by Mike Sherman in 2004. Sherman in his few years in charge seemed to throw Wolf's measurables out the window, but since TT returned they would seem to be back in place. Fairly sure height matters. 

The rest of the draft would be great IMO if it turned out that way. 

Kendrick Green is 6'4'' 315 pounds per Pro Football Network.  Played Guard and center.  

At his March 18th pro day he was 6.017 in height and 305 pounds. Add in that his 3-cone was a little short of the Packers historical wants and he is probably off the Packers board. Or at the least viewed more as a 6th-7th or UDFA type. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

At his March 18th pro day he was 6.017 in height and 305 pounds. Add in that his 3-cone was a little short of the Packers historical wants and he is probably off the Packers board. Or at the least viewed more as a 6th-7th or UDFA type. 

He was almost 6'2, not 6'.

He jumped a 35.5 and 9'11" and ran sub 5. That's crazy good for a 305 pounder.

Yes he is 6'1.7" and those are very good, explosive numbers for an IOL. His numbers and tape both suggest he would be a very good fit in the Packers blocking scheme, but he does not check all the boxes for the Packers historically. This is a rare year for OL fits for the Packers, in recent years there have been as few as 8-10 draftable OL prospect that fit the Packers, yet this year I've counted at least 29 that check all the boxes so far. In a year like this IMO, I don't think they need to compromise from their standards. But hardly a hill I would chose to die on either.       

15 minutes ago, R T said:

Yes he is 6'1.7" and those are very good, explosive numbers for an IOL. His numbers and tape both suggest he would be a very good fit in the Packers blocking scheme, but he does not check all the boxes for the Packers historically. This is a rare year for OL fits for the Packers, in recent years there have been as few as 8-10 draftable OL prospect that fit the Packers, yet this year I've counted at least 29 that check all the boxes so far. In a year like this IMO, I don't think they need to compromise from their standards. But hardly a hill I would chose to die on either.       

I'd be curious to hear your list. I don't half half that many scheme fits.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd be curious to hear your list. I don't half half that many scheme fits.

I pointed out that there are 29 prospects that check all the boxes matching measurables and physical testing, haven't gotten to if each is a scheme fit. Don't know if that is a misunderstanding or an attempt to spin this in another direction, but the depth of this OL class is rich for the Packers.

I don't have a list in front of me and am taking these from a prospect list off a draft website, but am fairly sure with this list of names.   

Sewell, Slater, Jenkins, Leatherwood, Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Little, Christensen, Brown, Green, Doyle, Moore, Moore Jr., Ball, Coleman, Forsythe, Herring, Hermanns, Vera-Tucker, Meinerz, Hainsey, Farniok, Dalman, Humphrey, Smith, Morrissey, Banwart, Saltes are all players that could well be on the Packers board without down grades if the medicals check out. 

This doesn't include players like Darrisaw, Jaimes, Myers, Menet, Dickerson, Davis who may or may not be on the Packers board, but we do not have any physical test numbers on them. 

To my original point, with the volume of prospects available I would be surprised if the Packers would need to compromise from their standards to add OL picks. IMHO  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Green Bay is on the board with our first pick in the 5th.  Consensus right now is CB Keith Taylor Jr. From Washington.  Feel free to weigh in if you'd like, otherwise pick will be made soon.

Keith Taylor Jr. would be excellent value in the 5th round and a match for the Packers. 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, vegas492 said:

Just to sum up.

Trade down, select Barmore, DT.  At #33.

Picked up a 4'th rounder.

Selected Jevon Holland, CB/S at #62.

Selected Brady Christensen, T.  In the 3rd. #93.

Nico Collins, WR.  In the 4'th.  Pick #111.  Had to trade two lower 4'th rounders to get him.

Kendrick Green, OG/C.  In the 4th.

If Gute came out of RD4 with those players I would be pretty darn happy.

• Like 1

Draft picks through round 5:

Traded #29 for #33 and #131

2-1 (#33):  Christian Barmore - IDL - Alabama

2-30 (#62):  Jevon Holland - S/CB - Oregon

3-29 (#93):  Brady Christensen - OT - BYU

Traded #136 and #143 for #111

4-5 (#111):  Nico Collins - WR - Michigan

4-25 (#131):  Kendrick Green - IOL - Illinois

5-29 (#174):  Keith Taylor Jr. - CB - Washington

5-33 (#178):  Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota State

Edited by MaximusGluteus