Doctson to get more reps

turtle28

If he can stay away from some damaging hits/stay healthy, should be interesting to watch this player produce in time. Clearly the coaches trust his knowledge of the playbook and ability as a blocker. Found an appropriate thread it would seem: 

Josh Doctson (source)

Doctson played on all 71 of the Redskins’ offensive snaps. That is extremely rare for a wide receiver, at least it has been for the Redskins. Doctson is the only Washington wideout who has been in on a 100% of the plays in a game since snap data became available in 2012.

Josh Doctson could finish this year with 6, 7 maybe even 8 TDs and this year will still feel like a disappointment for him. I have no idea what he becomes, but my gut is he’ll never be the #1 guy we need him to be. Even on some of his receptions, he doesnt seem to run with a purpose. Just going through the motions. This may be what Jay sees in practice and could’ve contributed to his lack of starts/targets early on. Purely speculative, but just a thought. With that being said, he is supremely talented,  but I’m not sure he’ll put it all together. After all, he is turning 25.

Josh the 2nd to Davis for most snaps of the receivers. His targets are still lagging Crowder, Grant & Davis because he's been eased back in so expect those targets to go up. Take some of those targets from Crowder and give them to Doctson. Of Kirk's 8 Int's 5 have been when targeting Crowder and he's only managed 1 TD so far. Keep Jamison out of the middle of the field - he's just too short to win contested balls.

10 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Josh Doctson could finish this year with 6, 7 maybe even 8 TDs and this year will still feel like a disappointment for him. I have no idea what he becomes, but my gut is he’ll never be the #1 guy we need him to be. Even on some of his receptions, he doesnt seem to run with a purpose. Just going through the motions. This may be what Jay sees in practice and could’ve contributed to his lack of starts/targets early on. Purely speculative, but just a thought. With that being said, he is supremely talented,  but I’m not sure he’ll put it all together. After all, he is turning 25.

I don’t agree with him not running hard. He just glides and a lot of taller guys run like that. No Burt but sneaky fast. His routes he has ran mostly these last four games remind me of how the Chargers used Vincent Jackson. A lot of 10 and post and 12 and out or come backs. They do give him a lot of go routes as well. And while I think Josh can do all these routes he has the ability to work more short intermediate routes like AJ Green does we just haven’t done a lot of that. His early receptions this year were on those short routes. Kirk loves the shortintermediate game which is why I don’t think Josh is getting the volume he warrants. But with our injuries up front these routes are hard for Kirk to sit and wait for. This guy is going to be a good one. I’d like to see Kirk put more faith in him as he did against New Orleans in the first half. I understand Kirk’s trust in Crowder and his desire to get Crowder going. But this has been Crowders worse year by far and I expect him to come out on fire next season while getting back to just playing free. You can see him pressing it’s noticeable. 

On 12/1/2017 at 11:07 PM, SeattleSkin said:

Josh the 2nd to Davis for most snaps of the receivers. His targets are still lagging Crowder, Grant & Davis because he's been eased back in so expect those targets to go up. Take some of those targets from Crowder and give them to Doctson. Of Kirk's 8 Int's 5 have been when targeting Crowder and he's only managed 1 TD so far. Keep Jamison out of the middle of the field - he's just too short to win contested balls.

Doctson needs to be more consistent as does Crowder. They’re both dropping balls they shouldn’t and it’s hurting our passing game. Earlier it was Pryor, now it’s them. They have to improve. I don’t agree that Crowder’s height is hurting him in the middle of the field. Most  slot wrs are under 6’. He had a hamstring injury early in the year which hurt his ability to separate now he’s getting open more. Seeing as he’s more quick than fast, putting as an outside receiver would put him at a disadvantage imo.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:20 AM, ripsean21 said:

I don’t agree with him not running hard. He just glides and a lot of taller guys run like that. No Burt but sneaky fast. His routes he has ran mostly these last four games remind me of how the Chargers used Vincent Jackson. A lot of 10 and post and 12 and out or come backs. They do give him a lot of go routes as well. And while I think Josh can do all these routes he has the ability to work more short intermediate routes like AJ Green does we just haven’t done a lot of that. His early receptions this year were on those short routes. Kirk loves the shortintermediate game which is why I don’t think Josh is getting the volume he warrants. But with our injuries up front these routes are hard for Kirk to sit and wait for. This guy is going to be a good one. I’d like to see Kirk put more faith in him as he did against New Orleans in the first half. I understand Kirk’s trust in Crowder and his desire to get Crowder going. But this has been Crowders worse year by far and I expect him to come out on fire next season while getting back to just playing free. You can see him pressing it’s noticeable. 

Part of the problem is Gruden. Gruden isn’t using the quick game as much as he should and how McVay does. If we used the quick game more then Doctson would get more targets. Instead of getting around 5 a game, he may get near 10. 

If Reed ever comes back that's gonna put a dent in everyone else's targets but it might open up a quicker game. Davis hasn't really had a pile of targets so Reed get's those but he'll take more from other guys. Grant probably loses a lot of shots to Jordan but he doesn't typically hasn't gotten too many either.

Josh actually could wind up with fewer. His targets have been going up while Davis has gone down over the last few weeks. Maybe take 2 from Crowder - Jamison still would be getting the hogs share.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, Dashing202 said:

Josh Doctson needs the ball more I feel like the passing needs work 

Needs to be more consistent. Kirk can’t just throw him 50/50 balls all game while crowder,  Davis and even Grant sometimes are wide open.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Needs to be more consistent. Kirk can’t just throw him 50/50 balls all game while crowder,  Davis and even Grant sometimes are wide open.

Kirk cousins sucks .

he isn't last year Kirk or 2015 Kirk we single handily cant admit he isn't that good infact he's decline

stats or not 2016 Kirk would of made us 8 wins despite the D . 2017 Kirk leads the qbs in fumbles and he's inconsistent . I'm not being a hater I want a SB but for a man that declined SM offer because he wanted more money I show no pitty

just take 24 million Kirk lol like he got selfish . 

7 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Kirk cousins sucks .

he isn't last year Kirk or 2015 Kirk we single handily cant admit he isn't that good infact he's decline

stats or not 2016 Kirk would of made us 8 wins despite the D . 2017 Kirk leads the qbs in fumbles and he's inconsistent . I'm not being a hater I want a SB but for a man that declined SM offer because he wanted more money I show no pitty

just take 24 million Kirk lol like he got selfish . 

He’s better than he was the previous two years considering how inconsistent the wrs are playing, Thompson is hurt, Reed is hurt and the entire OL is hurt. If you can’t see that you need new glasses.

Hes going to throw for 25 or more TDs again, his least amount of 8nts and over 4000 yds again. 

he has shown potential but is being mis-used terribly

if we rebuild- you have to be all in with the process like the celtics and 76ers were. 

Acquire picks, but don't be stupid like Cleveland always trading down

trade Reed for a pick. 

trade Trent Williams for a pick and put moses at LT- his natural position

trade Norman or restructure

This one is hard- trade Kerrigan as he is on the downside now

cut d hall lol lol

hire a President like Bill polian

give him the largest budget to hire the best talent evaluator as a GM and scouts

Get a tough, hard nosed defensive guy as a head coach as you can get young innovative offensive coordinators easier. 

Doc's recipe for our next super bowl in 5 years:

Hire Bill Polian as President

Hire Scotty Mac as GM

Hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

what will probably happen?

Allen hires Jon Gruden as GM and President in waiting and keeps Jay. and we suck forever, but have a great new stadium

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

He’s better than he was the previous two years considering how inconsistent the wrs are playing, Thompson is hurt, Reed is hurt and the entire OL is hurt. If you can’t see that you need new glasses.

Hes going to throw for 25 or more TDs again, his least amount of 8nts and over 4000 yds again. 

Ctfu ok dude so with a straight face Kirk cousins is having a better year than 2015?

i miss that guy 

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

he has shown potential but is being mis-used terribly

if we rebuild- you have to be all in with the process like the celtics and 76ers were. 

Acquire picks, but don't be stupid like Cleveland always trading down

trade Reed for a pick. 

trade Trent Williams for a pick and put moses at LT- his natural position

trade Norman or restructure

This one is hard- trade Kerrigan as he is on the downside now

cut d hall lol lol

hire a President like Bill polian

give him the largest budget to hire the best talent evaluator as a GM and scouts

Get a tough, hard nosed defensive guy as a head coach as you can get young innovative offensive coordinators easier. 

Doc's recipe for our next super bowl in 5 years:

Hire Bill Polian as President

Hire Scotty Mac as GM

Hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

what will probably happen?

Allen hires Jon Gruden as GM and President in waiting and keeps Jay. and we suck forever, but have a great new stadium

Reed isn't worth sqat.

Williams isn't going to be worth much after knee surgery and with that contract. Also, Moses will get freaking worked at LT.

I mean, if you're going to punt, fine, you may as well trade Norman and eat as much salary as allowed.

Fine trade Kerrigan.

DeAngelo Hall is basically cut. He can't play.

The rest of your post is a freaking pipe dream. Snyder will do none of that because then he won't be able to play with this toy.

Archived