Week 7 Bengals @ Steelers

MrCincinnati

12 minutes ago, theJ said:

On the bright side, Mike Mitchel kind of sucks.  So him being out there is fine, unless he happens to be in the right place and head shots someone.

yes.. and it doesn't matter to him if he gets to that right place late..he'll still make the hit.

19 minutes ago, theJ said:

On the bright side, Mike Mitchel kind of sucks.  So him being out there is fine, unless he happens to be in the right place and head shots someone.

Mitchell sucks most of the time, but he does seem to play well against us.  I also do expect a 'late' hit from Mitchell that will probably go un-called in the game...

Sigh.  My 2 hopes for this game were

• Hopefully Ross could play and add a dimension our offense didn't have - Nope
  • Steelers played a pretty physical game against the Chiefs.  A lot of their guys aren't practicing as a result.  So there's some hope they won't be 100% when they play us.

At least #2 is still a possibility...

5 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:
  • Steelers played a pretty physical game against the Chiefs.  A lot of their guys aren't practicing as a result.  So there's some hope they won't be 100% when they play us.

Granted i haven't been following their injury situation real closely, but from what i heard it sounds like they're going to be pretty healthy.  Tomlin doesn't have the same "you must practice" restriction that Marvin does.

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

Granted i haven't been following their injury situation real closely, but from what i heard it sounds like they're going to be pretty healthy.  Tomlin doesn't have the same "you must practice" restriction that Marvin does.

To me what's bigger than 'this guy is out' for the game because he's injured is, how close to 100% are the guys that are playing.  The Steelers rested 3/5ths of their OLine on Wednesday. While I do agree that it's more Tomlin giving his guys a 'veterans' day off and is normal unlike Marvin, that Chiefs game was physical.  It was a heavy workload on their OLine and DLine which I'm hoping benefits us...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

To me what's bigger than 'this guy is out' for the game because he's injured is, how close to 100% are the guys that are playing.  The Steelers rested 3/5ths of their OLine on Wednesday. While I do agree that it's more Tomlin giving his guys a 'veterans' day off and is normal unlike Marvin, that Chiefs game was physical.  It was a heavy workload on their OLine and DLine which I'm hoping benefits us...

One of the three linemen re-aggravated a pulled hamstring.  With their bye in a couple of weeks, I figure he will be out until after that.  I want to say it was Foster, but I don't remember which guy it was.  Their DT got hurt at practice, so we shall see.

14 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

One of the three linemen re-aggravated a pulled hamstring.  With their bye in a couple of weeks, I figure he will be out until after that.  I want to say it was Foster, but I don't remember which guy it was.  Their DT got hurt at practice, so we shall see.

Marcus Gilbert their RT looks like he'll be out for the game.  He usually stone walls Dunlap, so that's a positive.  Stephon Tuitt also looks like he might miss the game which is huge.  Our OLine won't be able to handle Cam Heyward.  Heyward and Tuitt would wreck our OLine...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Marcus Gilbert their RT looks like he'll be out for the game.  He usually stone walls Dunlap, so that's a positive.  Stephon Tuitt also looks like he might miss the game which is huge.  Our OLine won't be able to handle Cam Heyward.  Heyward and Tuitt would wreck our OLine...

Oh they're going to wreck the Bengals OL. They have a top 5 unit in terms of pressure percentage. So do the Bengals, so that'll be interesting. 

Archived