Week 7 Bengals @ Steelers

MrCincinnati

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

We should have kept Rex Burkhead and cut Hill over the offseason.

Burkhead over Hill, Zeitler over Kirkpatrick, etc...

We whiffed on those personnel decisions.  That said if we had a smarter head coach, we wouldn't be starting Dre over WJIII, or giving Hill carries to start halves, still playing Michael Johnson at DE instead of Lawson/Willis, replacing Minter with Vinnie Rey instead of Jordan Evans, not giving Billings more snaps in a run heavy game.  Tons of dumb decisions by our coaches.

The mentality of playing vets over their better 1st/2nd year counter parts is what will finally do Marvin Lewis in.  Duke has done a great job of building a quality roster.  Marvin just doesn't have the balls to let the young players learn on the field...

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

We should have kept Rex Burkhead and cut Hill over the offseason.

Also i don't think Burkhead was going to stay regardless, unless the team overpaid.  But yeah, he's a better RB.  Should have made a push for him.

5 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

and now he is rotting in New England rather than here. 

Burkhead got carries last night, and was a standout on special teams.  I was able to watch most of that game, and Burkhead stood out on 4-5 different plays.

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Burkhead got carries last night, and was a standout on special teams.  I was able to watch most of that game, and Burkhead stood out on 4-5 different plays.

sure. 6 carries is more than he would get in Cincy, but he isnt headlining the team over there. Still wish we had him 

Archived