Will the Browns Extend Nick Chubb?

brownie man

Will we extend Nick Chubb  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Browns extend Nick Chubb’s contract?

Question of the year. 

Do you give the running back a major contract? 

My argument. Nick Chubb is more than a running back. 

He is the model citizen of the entire locker room. This is not Ezekiel Elliot. 

Nick Chubb is more than a leader because he leads by example. His presence alone raises the expectation of work ethic throughout the team. 

Nick Chubb is more than just a PFF calculation. Not paying him to me is more detrimental than paying him. Not rewarding Nick Chubb would lower the morale of not only the team, but the fan base and would be a big hit to all of the positive momentum we’ve achieved to this point. 

To pay Kareem and not pay Nick would be travesty and would be the opposite of rewarding good culture builders. Not saying Kareem is bad, but the fact Chubb was drafted into the program and paying an outsider over Chubb would just be downright disappointing. 

Id rather lose than not pay Nick Chubb because what’s the point if we’re not sending the message that being a model teammate doesn’t get rewarded within the program. 

I think at the end of the day we will resign Chubb. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd extend him and add some years and guaranteed money to sweeten the pot to assure he is happy while also getting the best deal we can for a stud at a devalued position.

However, I'd cave to whatever he demanded. He is a rare talent with an even rarer attitude. I'd hate to have to share that with another fanbase. He should retire a Brown.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brownie man said:

My argument. Nick Chubb is more than a running back. 

He is the model citizen of the entire locker room. This is not Ezekiel Elliot. 

I think this is probably why we keep him. As much as we have a great overall offense, Nick Chubb is the difference maker. He's what makes our team different from these other run-first teams. I think it's a little anti-analytics to pay a RB the kind of money he's going to demand, but this is a special case. I'd rather jettison 1-2 of our OL before letting Chubb go. Some of that is sentimental, but another part of it is the fact that we need Chubb.

Sorry, but no.  We are a moneyball team.  Nick deserves and will get a market setting contract.  We won’t give that kind of contract to a RB, period.

moneyball devalued RBs and LBs.  With current management neither of these positions will break the bank.

Hunt’s contract for a rb on a moneyball team is huge.

reason being, it is viewed as easy to fill the position with very good production on the cheap.  There are low drafted guys or undrafted guys every year that out up big numbers at the position.

pay a guy $2 million a year, or pay a guy $18 million a year that may get 80 or so more yards on the year?

this allows them to allocate more resources to more valued positions like QB, pass rusher, DB, or offensive line.

as evidence, watch Berry’s presser.  A reporter asked him specifically about extending Chubb.  He danced around the question like a ballerina.   Nick is a very good player, he has played great for us, we really like him a lot.... not a single word about extending him.

• Like 1