Will the Browns Extend Nick Chubb?

brownie man

Will we extend Nick Chubb  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Browns extend Nick Chubb’s contract?

Yes they will resign him. I think he’s a very important piece to this team. I think he will get a good contract for a RB but unless he demands a record breaking deal it will be a good deal for both parties. 

On 3/23/2021 at 4:12 PM, brownie man said:

Id rather lose than not pay Nick Chubb because what’s the point if we’re not sending the message that being a model teammate doesn’t get rewarded within the program.

As much as I would LOVE to keep Chubb on the team, I honestly don't think it happens if he is asking for top 3-5 money due to analytics.   Is Chubb a great player,  yes he is.  Is Chubb a great person off the field,  yes he is but unfortunately,  the bottom line is that runningback is one of the easiest if not thee easiest position to fill in the NFL.  

In regards to your quote above, players know that the NFL is a business and I honestly feel that the players would miss Chubb but would prefer to win without Chubb then lose with him on the team just so he can be a good influence in the locker room.  Winning is the ultimate goal and I would think if you gave the Browns players an anonymous poll asking would you prefer to not have Chubb on the team and win games or have Chubb on the team and lose games, the overwhelming majority would say that they prefer not having Chubb on the team and winning.  The players would be happy for Chubb in the long run because some team is going to give Chubb a big contract if he hits free agency.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

As much as I would LOVE to keep Chubb on the team, I honestly don't think it happens if he is asking for top 3-5 money due to analytics.   Is Chubb a great player,  yes he is.  Is Chubb a great person off the field,  yes he is but unfortunately,  the bottom line is that runningback is one of the easiest if not thee easiest position to fill in the NFL.  

In regards to your quote above, players know that the NFL is a business and I honestly feel that the players would miss Chubb but would prefer to win without Chubb then lose with him on the team just so he can be a good influence in the locker room.  Winning is the ultimate goal and I would think if you gave the Browns players an anonymous poll asking would you prefer to not have Chubb on the team and win games or have Chubb on the team and lose games, the overwhelming majority would say that they prefer not having Chubb on the team and winning.  The players would be happy for Chubb in the long run because some team is going to give Chubb a big contract if he hits free agency.

Peace!!!

Great post.

Money may be tight, but if we resign him sooner than later and the cap explodes, the deal won’t be bad.  

I just don’t see letting a player as talented as him walk when we’re gonna be able to clear cap space from guys like Njoku, OBJ, Landry, and perhaps Tretter and Bitonio over the next couple of seasons.

I’m usually not for paying running backs, but Chubb is an elite player. 

I also think a franchise tag would be in play. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Look the good GM’a today and I believe that Berry is one of them find ways to make the money they get creative with the contracts I mean look at the chiefs and the contracts they have given out and still have Joe Thuney 80 million dollars this year

Yes, and not paying RBs market setting contracts is one of the ways that they do it.

Chubb $15 mil a year, or a rookie for $2 mil a year and the rookie gets maybe 100 yards less on the season than Chubb.  Just over 6 or so yards difference per game.

There are lower drafted and even undrafted RBs close to leading the league in rising every year.  

moneyball views the position as easy to fill with adequate production cheaply.  Hunt’s contract honestly surprises me considering that we are a moneyball team.

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, DizzyDean said:

Yes, and not paying RBs market setting contracts is one of the ways that they do it.

Chubb $15 mil a year, or a rookie for $2 mil a year and the rookie gets maybe 100 yards less on the season than Chubb.  Just over 6 or so yards difference per game.

There are lower drafted and even undrafted RBs close to leading the league in rising every year.  

moneyball views the position as easy to fill with adequate production cheaply.  Hunt’s contract honestly surprises me considering that we are a moneyball team.

Told yo *** 

• Like 3

On 3/26/2021 at 4:52 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Money may be tight, but if we resign him sooner than later and the cap explodes, the deal won’t be bad.  

Thats the big thing, he got it before the new Broadcasting deals. His $12.2m a year is going to look like a steal once that Amazon check clears and takes the cap to the moon like Jeffery