Eagles sign QB Joe Flacco to 1-year, $4M pact ($3.5M guaranteed)

TheKillerNacho

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think they just want him to be a mentor for Hurts, nothing more. Still a weird fit because if Flacco does have to play and the Eagles are using Hurts to his maximum potential, that's just not gonna work lo

It’s ironic since Flacco was famous for saying he wasn’t there to mentor Lamar Jackson.   Obviously time changes things.  

Side note - good the Eagles played Sudfeld that last game.   Told them everything they needed to know.   Even though they knew already LOL (before Giants fans take up arms - don’t finish 6-10).  

• Like 2

I don’t think the veteran backup mentor is a real thing. They have coaches for that. I think back up QBs are primarily there to play if the starter can’t. 

And Flacco would have terrorized the league if he ever got to play in a modern passing game.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

Just so you are clear, Joe Flacco is no longer a good QB.

• Since 2017:  15-22  62.6%  1.56 TD/INT 6.3 ypa  82.8 rating 5.26 ANY/A both benched (for 2018 MVP Jackson) and injured
  • Since 2017   18-31  61.1%   1.69 TD/INT  6.7 ypa  84.8 rating 5.53 ANY/A  both benched (for Ryan Finley) and injured

The second guy is of course, the great Andy Dalton.

FYI, I love Playoff Flacco, but that guy was last seen the week before Deflategate, 8 years ago.

I'm not saying he's a McNabb 36 but he sure isn't a Brees/Brady 36.

Edited by SkippyX

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Just so you are clear, Joe Flacco is no longer a good QB.

• Since 2017:  15-22  62.6%  1.56 TD/INT 6.3 ypa  82.8 rating 5.26 ANY/A both benched (for 2018 MVP Jackson) and injured
  • Since 2017   18-31  61.1%   1.69 TD/INT  6.7 ypa  84.8 rating 5.53 ANY/A  both benched (for Ryan Finley) and injured

The second guy is of course, the great Andy Dalton.

FYI, I love Playoff Flacco, but that guy was last seen the week before Deflategate, 8 years ago.

I'm not saying he's a McNabb 36 but he sure isn't a Brees/Brady 36.

Denver fans would say he’s been washed for a while now.  Other than drafting Lynch, taking Keenum at 18M a year over Cousins at 25M per, trading a 4th to let Flacco start to begin 2018 is one of the string of awful QB decisions Elway made post - Peyton.