FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Boys what is the gameplan for ya'll moving forward 

Draft

OL, S (preferably FS)

BPAs at DE, WR, CB, 3T. 

Depth at LB, S, IOL, TE. 

Maybe a K late (with one of the 7th rounders we will acquire in trade backs :)  

Emphasis on clear BPA/Difference makers.  Take advantage of positional depth/value with equally ranked players.

With so many picks and the available roster sports, trading up for talent should be valued over additional picks with little chance of making 53 or PS.

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Duly noted. 

I put needs left side of o line 

Edge 

A DT 

Then general depth 

That seem about right? 

I’d put FS above DT at the moment. We are gonna need 2 safety’s in this draft. An edge rusher is definitely a need, however, the Vikings have historically picked them up in the middle rounds (day 2 and after). Look for an edge prospect with above average athleticism and good measurable, but needs to be coached up. 

OL is the priority. OT at 14 if good value or trade back for a solid G prospect (trading back could mean FS as well). 

Dolphins checking in. Just wanted to say if you are looking to trade down we may come draft day be looking to move up.

if this is of interest would be interest in pre draft trade agreement.

happy to agree something beforehand if you wanted players with picks rather than just picks.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, bcb1213 said:

Brandon scherff is on the block. Should I inquire and if so what round should we offer? 

That is why this process is so odd.  I have no clue what value he would have trade wise but it is also a fantasy because why would Washington want to get rid of a 4 time Pro bowl OG and a 2020 1st team All pro?  It is just not realistic at all.  But yeah obviously I would trade a 1st rounder and another draft pick for him all day long.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is why this process is so odd.  I have no clue what value he would have trade wise but it is also a fantasy because why would Washington want to get rid of a 4 time Pro bowl OG and a 2020 1st team All pro?  It is just not realistic at all.  But yeah obviously I would trade a 1st rounder and another draft pick for him all day long.  

Well they franchised him so I guess contract wise they could feasibly have a reason to move him 

It almost has to be Slater, no question about it.  Odd he fell this far but he has more upside and is a better pass blocker than Vera-Tucker or Darrisaw or Leatherwood.  Is short sure but possibly could kick into guard but most likely is a LT, still the best OL there so take him would be my pick.  

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Anyone who passes on Slater gets the Fran Foley treatment. 

Yeah it is the one pick where it makes sense for the spot in the draft, no question #2 best OL in the draft and should be picked around this range.  All the other guys it is a question mark of who should be picked ahead of the rest on the OL, same with all those DEs which one is the better of the others. 

Vikings could easily be in that trap come draft day because doubt Philadelphia passes on Slater or the Chargers most likely take him.

Take him and run

tenor.gif