FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

RB is the guy I don't think will get drafted and I'll prob take him with the 220ish pick 

I kinda like the Clemson wr still on the board whose name I forget 

Cornell Powell is decent but Grimes was way more upside and is a big body receiver something the Vikings do not really have.  

Jefferson / Beebe / KJ Osborn
Thielen / Bisi Johnson / Schwartz

Another WR makes sense but again would be nice to have a big physical athlete.  Grimes is 6-4 220 ran a 4.49 and had 35" vertical and 118" broad jump.  Obviously no WR on the team is that big and would be nice for a change.

Then again passing on one of those two DTs would be hard but sure one could still be around in that next pick in the 6th.    And Doyle would be hard to pass up on as well, very good athlete as a huge OT.  

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea I really didn't want to  get into it cause politics here etc lolololol 

gentlemen-you-cant-fight-in-here.gif

Then why have a war room if you want no input?  Would be curious who you would have selected with zero input from anyone.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Cornell Powell is decent but Grimes was way more upside and is a big body receiver something the Vikings do not really have.  

Jefferson / Beebe / KJ Osborn
Thielen / Bisi Johnson / Schwartz

Another WR makes sense but again would be nice to have a big physical athlete.  Grimes is 6-4 220 ran a 4.49 and had 35" vertical and 118" broad jump.  Obviously no WR on the team is that big and would be nice for a change.

Then again passing on one of those two DTs would be hard but sure one could still be around in that next pick in the 6th.    And Doyle would be hard to pass up on as well, very good athlete as a huge OT.  

gentlemen-you-cant-fight-in-here.gif

Then why have a war room if you want no input?  Would be curious who you would have selected with zero input from anyone.  

No no I didn't want to get into the sterns stuff because politics 

9 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Well do we want the potential undrafted RB or the physical freak wr. And no it's not grimes 

Not Grimes?  He is the most physical and largest elite athlete at WR left I believe he and Jonathan Adams Jr who has big time potential and size/athletic ability.  Give me the big dude that can run compared to the little dude that is just as fast as the big guy who has less upside and already matches what the Vikings have physically at WR.

I would go with Jerome Johnson as the pick then the next one possibly Grimes or Adams if he is still there or Tommy Doyle.  Wish we had Mond as a backup QB but that is out the window, not sure I would take any of those QBs but Ehlinger and Book would be interesting, Ehlinger has the most upside of any of them.

RB yeah probably wait for UDFA group because they do have Ameer still so would be possibly the 4th RB.  

Options are limitless though.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not Grimes?  He is the most physical and largest elite athlete at WR left I believe he and Jonathan Adams Jr who has big time potential and size/athletic ability.  Give me the big dude that can run compared to the little dude that is just as fast as the big guy who has less upside and already matches what the Vikings have physically at WR.

I would go with Jerome Johnson as the pick then the next one possibly Grimes or Adams if he is still there or Tommy Doyle.  Wish we had Mond as a backup QB but that is out the window, not sure I would take any of those QBs but Ehlinger and Book would be interesting, Ehlinger has the most upside of any of them.

RB yeah probably wait for UDFA group because they do have Ameer still so would be possibly the 4th RB.  

Options are limitless though.

Michael stratchan wr Charleston the pick. Enjoy that physical marvel.  Puts your guy to shame 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Michael stratchan wr Charleston the pick. Enjoy that physical marvel.  Puts your guy to shame 

Your guy 6-5, 228 pounds, 85-inch wingspan, 10-inch hands, ran a 4.46 seconds 40-yard dash and put up 225 lbs 20 reps.  Solid no question but Grimes obviously played against much better competition, granted is not as long and does not have as big of hands but Vikings did pick this guy a few years back and see how he turned out projecting from a very low level of competition as well....

Moritz Boehringer was 6-4 227, had a vertical of 39", 10-11 broad, 4.38-4.45 40 with a 4.09 short shuttle and 6.64 3 cone.  

So yeah give me Grimes personally but like the size and potential at least of this guy, do question that 40 time, on clips he rarely runs away from that low level of competition and he has burner speed like Bateman on the Gophers, ummm no.  His foot speed does seem pretty slow and is not a great route runner either.

Antonio Gandy-Golden looked like Randy Moss at times in college with how he could make catches in the air and go get the football, and he barely played last year on the Redskins so smaller school guys are a gamble for sure.  He is not as fast as Stratchan but put up 22 reps at 225 which is better and had a 36" vertical.  Would love to get real 40 times from a combine on some of these guys because a few of the numbers are hard to believe.  

Not so worried about bench reps at wr from a small school. Nfl nutritionist and weight room will strengthen him up no problem.  Florida guy is number three wr on his own college team. Could be good, could just have had it easy. Grimes also had, imo, an nfl arm throwing him the ball. So yes while the competition defensively isn't the same, neither is his qb 

Not a bad draft by you, Slater and Trey Smith would be two amazing picks if it happened that way in real life no question.  Not a huge fan of the Strachan pick, that one is the biggest question mark to me because of his lack of route running and doubt in overall foot speed, he and Rodarious.  Like the Deon Jackson pickup late, a guy who most likely would be a UDFA but apparently did run a 4.31 at the Duke pro day, not sure it is real time but looks like an athletic back and is big at 218.

#14 1st Rashawn Slater OT/OG Northwestern
#79 3rd Trey Smith OG Tennessee
#91 3rd Jamar Johnson S Indiana
#120 4th Hunter Long TE Boston College
#126 4th Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
#135 4th Monty Rice LB Georgia
#144 4th. Rodarious Williams OK St 
#158 5th. Evan McPherson K Florida 
#172 5th. Chauncey Gholston DL Iowa 
#199 6th. Michael Strachan WR Charleston 
#223 6th. Deon Jackson RB Duke 

Looking at the depth chart for sure would be nice to get a real backup QB, solid backup DT help and a solid backup safety or two outside of the obvious OL help.  Another WR would be nice but hard to see where they should take one, most likely late and for sure TE help I think is a pretty big need.

Now back to...

FailingMenacingLeopard-size_restricted.g

hahaha

Scarlett is rumored to be in the remake of Little Shop of Horrors so she has that going for her, that movie scared the crap out of me as a child honestly.