FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

18 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I could move down. Have a solid offer of a first (mid 20s) and a second.  He wants 120 though. If he stays with that I'll prob just take slater 

Or should I just take slater anyhow 

Offered?  One needs specifics but they want the 13th pick for one in the 20s and the Vikings 120th pick and Vikings get one in the 2nd?  I would just stay and take Slater.  Again he is the #2 best OL in the draft, where he plays is a little question but in a zone blocking scheme they can fit him, either use him as a OG or if Cleveland sucks at LT put Slater out there.  

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

OK I now have our needs at 

Edge 

S

G or T 

Gap in need level 

DT depth 

Slot wr 

Seem about right? 

I would throw TE in that mix as well.  Safety no question even with Xavier Woods signing they need a safety in the 3rd or 4th round at some point.  Another OG no question as well.  Potential return man if there is any also.  Would not be against a potential backup QB either if one falls.  If Mond or Trask somehow are around 3rd round would be hard not to take them.

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would throw TE in that mix as well.  Safety no question even with Xavier Woods signing they need a safety in the 3rd or 4th round at some point.  Another OG no question as well.  Potential return man if there is any also.  Would not be against a potential backup QB either if one falls.  If Mond or Trask somehow are around 3rd round would be hard not to take them.

I personally think TE would be a low round need, if at all.  They still have Smith, Conklin and Dillon.  You might grab a developmental one later, but that's it.  I'd o along with more of Semper's hierarchy of needs, except I concur with Ozzy in putting a QB in there at about the same need as DT.  So, my list would be:

Edge

OL

DT

QB

S

Outside WR

LB

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I personally think TE would be a low round need, if at all.  They still have Smith, Conklin and Dillon.  You might grab a developmental one later, but that's it.  I'd o along with more of Semper's hierarchy of needs, except I concur with Ozzy in putting a QB in there at about the same need as DT.  So, my list would be:

Edge

OL

DT

QB

S

Outside WR

LB

I should have clarified with the QB though, that I want nothing to do with Trask, who's at best a backup QB.  I want a guy with starter upside.  That's not Trask.