FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but this is not reality, anyone can make any trade and there are no repercussions because it is just a one year thing.  So you can trade away future draft picks, who cares if all one is really worrying about is how it looks now.  Curious what each traded away to get them.

Still that means Carolina still needs a QB, Atlanta might be in play for one, Chicago obviously is etc.  Not to mention the Saints and possibly Eagles.

Washington gave up scherff and 19 to get to four 

Patriots moved from 15 to 11 so he couple mid picks 

Panthers traded the farm and teddy two gloves for deshaun 

54 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Washington gave up scherff and 19 to get to four 

Patriots moved from 15 to 11 so he couple mid picks 

Panthers traded the farm and teddy two gloves for deshaun 

Deshaun Watson?  Again this is fantasy world because what Watson has 19 civil lawsuits against him right now.  Hopefully it is all lies about him and he did not do these things but 19?  Yeah no wonder he wanted to get out of Houston fast.  Scherff and 19 to get four, yeah Scherff is a stud and Atlanta would get a steal for that but again not all that realistic I assume in the world of contracts.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Deshaun Watson?  Again this is fantasy world because what Watson has 19 civil lawsuits against him right now.  Hopefully it is all lies about him and he did not do these things but 19?  Yeah no wonder he wanted to get out of Houston fast.  Scherff and 19 to get four, yeah Scherff is a stud and Atlanta would get a steal for that but again not all that realistic I assume in the world of contracts.  

Actually could happen. Scherff is on franchise tag so no carry over bonus money 

14 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I wouldn't want to trade Hunter at all, but if I did the talks would need to start at about the price the Bears paid to get Kalil Mack.

Honestly, it would take more than that for me to consider trading Hunter. 

Pass rusher is arguably the most important position after QB, and despite the haul that Oakland got for Mack, they are still trying to replace him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Pass rusher is arguably the most important position after QB. 

So...what is really the most important position after QB?  Some would say it's the tackle that protects the QB's blind side.  Some might say it's the center who has to recognized defensive formations and adjust blocking assignments appropriately.  Some might say it's the shut down cornerback who makes the offense play on half a field.  Some would likely say it's the middle linebacker who mirrors the QB in passing downs and blows up the running game of the opponent.  You're the first to mention pass rusher as the second most important position that I've ever noticed.  Can an argument be made for a punter?  Or, an outstanding gunner?

18 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Good afternoon gentlemen!

I noticed that Mike Hughes was on the block, and - as I bet you've noticed - we have a massive hole at CB. What kind of value are we thinking?

I am not the GM, but I would trade him to you for a bag of skittles if I was. He is buried on our depth chart and will be gone after this year.

Okay, so maybe a bag of skittles is a bit of a figurative exaggeration, but what I am saying is that I would let him go cheap. In literal terms I would do a swap of your 5th round pick for our 6th round pick.

• Like 1