FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

18 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

He is buried on our depth chart and will be gone after this year.

I wouldn’t say he’s buried on the depth chart. As it looks right now I’d say he’s the top backup for the outside cornerback spot. 

Not saying that I wouldn’t trade him, but he’s valuable depth. 

Edited by SemperFeist

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I am not the GM, but I would trade him to you for a bag of skittles if I was. He is buried on our depth chart and will be gone after this year.

Okay, so maybe a bag of skittles is a bit of a figurative exaggeration, but what I am saying is that I would let him go cheap. In literal terms I would do a swap of your 5th round pick for our 6th round pick.

That sounds fair. We have close to no one at the position on the roster, so he'd definitely get some playing time here.

I'll put it in our War Room for some feedback.

Due to our embarrassing void at the CB position, the Lions are interested in giving Hughes a shot. We could do that 5th for a 6th and Hughes, if that's something you guys would like to discuss. (The injuries are a concern, so I don't think we'd be interested in offering much more. We don't have our own 6th or 7th, and have a bunch of needs, so picks are a premium for us.)

Thanks guys!

Still a long ways to go but Mayfield, Radunz, Carman, Wyatt Davis, Cosmi, Meinerz have all not been taken yet.  Still long ways to go but still odd, especially with Mayfield and Radunz.  

Leatherwood is gone to Cinci which was a solid move by them.  

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I wouldn’t say he’s buried on the depth chart. As it looks right now I’d say he’s the top backup for the outside cornerback spot. 

Not saying that I wouldn’t trade him, but he’s valuable depth. 

That's fair. I am still miffed by the team not taking an offensive lineman with that pick so it is possible I am harder on Hughes than most Vikings fans.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

That's fair. I am still miffed by the team not taking an offensive lineman with that pick so it is possible I am harder on Hughes than most Vikings fans.

I was miffed at the time, but I think it worked out in their favor. I honestly don’t believe that the team would have taken linemen back to in the 1st and 2nd round, so taking a lineman at 30, would have likely resulted in them not draft O’Neill at 62. And Braden Smith has been the only OL drafted between 30 and 62 who has been as good as O’Neill. 

Dickerson (MIA), Cosmi (LAC), Eichenburg (LV), Carman (TEN), Mayfield (IND), Radunz (PIT) are all off the board now as well as Richie Grant (DAL).

Currently on pick 57 overall so still 22 picks to go, I don't think Davis will last much longer.

Cleveland-Slater-Bradbury-Davis-O'Neill

Make it happen, cap'n!!

Edited by VikeManDan

All these guys are still there which is shocking, especially Tryon and Levi who are standout DL prospects.

Joe Tryon DE/LB
Elijah Molden  CB
Levi Onwuzurike DT
 Baron Browning  LB
Caden Sterns Texas  S 

These guys still there as well but long ways to go still.  

Trey Smith OG
Quinn Meinerz OG
Josh Myers C/OG

Alright so we have trey Smith G, Walker little t and my sleeper T from Northern Iowa Spencer Brown 

We can take one of these guys if you want cause we are three picks away. I'm currently not seeing any edges or safeties worth the pick. Do you guys have any favorite safeties this class u like?