FFMD 2021 Vikings War Room

Uncle Buck

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You told me you wanted a corner who could double as a safety as well. Kid can hit

True, he has good toughness just not sure his ceiling is all that high.  Never though of him as a safety though maybe he would be better as a safety, just feel for him it is a little high to be picked.  But again I feel Trill Williams is a more talented player, better athlete and has played at a higher level for longer, same with Bryce Thompson and both he and Trill are better hitters to me than Rodarious and both Thompson and Trill I feel could be better safeties and transition easier than Rodarious Williams would to the position.

But again maybe that is just me.  

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, he has good toughness just not sure his ceiling is all that high.  Never though of him as a safety though maybe he would be better as a safety, just feel for him it is a little high to be picked.  But again I feel Trill Williams is a more talented player, better athlete and has played at a higher level for longer, same with Bryce Thompson and both he and Trill are better hitters to me than Rodarious and both Thompson and Trill I feel could be better safeties and transition easier than Rodarious Williams would to the position.

But again maybe that is just me.  

I get it. Projecting at safety is hard for any of the corners but Williams shows great ball skills, has a mean streak as well.  When he gets beat it's when he turns his back to the qb which as a safety wouldn't be an issue as much 

Jose Borregales Miami FL RS SR K, Vikings currently do not have a kicker I would go there potentially with the next pick.  

Khalil Herbert, Rhamondre Stevenson and Kylin Hill are still all there at RB and Vikings could use a 3rd string guy with how much Cook and Mattison get hurt, Ameer is decent but would like another back, Herbert could be a great fit and same with Hill who is a little bigger and strong but not as quick.  And Stevenson got to love that power but not sure he is a scheme fit.

Also would not mind Tommy Doyle, local kid, big time athlete with huge upside and potential at OT.  

Edited by Ozzy

2 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

We do have a kicker Greg Joseph under contract but we will end up adding another though I can't say I've studied the options in this draft.

Who the hell is Greg Joseph?  If the Vikings are pinning their kicking hopes to him that is just sad.  Might as well have kept paying Dan Bailey for nothing then if Joseph is the man for the future.

Crazy because Daniel Carlson was 33-35 last year and 4 from 50+.  

31 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Do. Not. Draft. Kickers. 

Agreed...especially now with only 10 picks.  If they were still at 12, then maybe you take a stab with the last pick you have, but of course, they can easily pick one up as a UDFA.

That's it... REVOLT AGAINST THE GM!

I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!

(really solid job actually... I just hate drafting kickers, poor asset management.  Would you rather have a dart throw that you get the next Stefon Diggs in the 5th, or draft a kicker when UDFA kickers and drafted kickers have similar success rates)

56 minutes ago, RpMc said:

That's it... REVOLT AGAINST THE GM!

I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!

(really solid job actually... I just hate drafting kickers, poor asset management.  Would you rather have a dart throw that you get the next Stefon Diggs in the 5th, or draft a kicker when UDFA kickers and drafted kickers have similar success rates)

It really all depends. For me I'd rather take a dart throw on someone who'd possibly start from the jump.  How I've pretty much handled every pick thus far 

Latest pick is Chauncey Gholston DL Iowa. Lot of Everson Griffin in this kid.  Needs an nfl weight room/staff but the tools are there 

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It really all depends. For me I'd rather take a dart throw on someone who'd possibly start from the jump.  How I've pretty much handled every pick thus far 

Latest pick is Chauncey Gholston DL Iowa. Lot of Everson Griffin in this kid.  Needs an nfl weight room/staff but the tools are there 

Evan McPherson I like, just you did not draft the best kicker in the draft which I feel is Jose Borregales.  Close but McPherson had some misses this past year and Borregales was awesome and a little more thick physically.  Still cannot totally hate the pick because I do feel it is a need, and not drafting kickers as a strategy is just foolish, especially when one does not have a kicker currently.  

Sure some kickers can succeed as UDFA but many were drafted and are there for 10+ years, Mason Crosby was a stud kicker out of Colorado and has been damn good in the NFL and was a steal in the 5th round.  Stephen Gostkowski was a 5th round pick and yeah was pretty good for quite awhile.  Oh and Daniel Carlson a dude who was very good last year was a 5th round pick by the Vikings few years back before they cut him.

I like the Gholston pickup, Ogundeji was there but Gholston is probably better than him.  Still I would have most likely taken Darius Stills and Jerome Johnson instead who both are penetrating DTs.  I had a list of DTs and DEs still around and Golston was on that list, but posted it in the wrong area.  

This probably was not a great idea...

#DontDrive&Draft

rih_qzs95s.gif

For every Crosby, there's a Dan Bailey - for every Gostkowski, there's a Justin Tucker, Ryan Longwell, etc. If the odds of getting a good kicker are the same between the draft and UDFA, simple logic says not to draft one.

Less than half of the league’s kickers were drafted. And the list of undrafted kickers is much more impressive than the list of drafted kickers.

Not to mention, of the 13 teams with kickers who were drafted, only 3 of those kickers are on the team who drafted them. 

When you draft a kicker, you’re just drafting another team’s future kicker. 

Edited by SemperFeist