Jump to content

All things Deshaun Watson


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Seems that the DW activity is picking back up .. was their any resolution on the legal-front?

I think everyone would settle and rest the case if you became DW's full-time masseuse 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t want that pervert, who led his team to a 4-12 record despite Star Wars numbers, on our team. And for 3 first rounders? Forget it. 

I’d take that deal (assuming he’s cleared).. especially if Paton had taken the CHI deal on draft day and picked up an extra 2022 R1 pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

I’d take that deal (assuming he’s cleared).. especially if Paton had taken the CHI deal on draft day and picked up an extra 2022 R1 pick

I mean, even garbage can go onto do great things.  After all, it's called trash CAN, not trash cannot. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2021 at 7:31 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t want that pervert, who led his team to a 4-12 record despite Star Wars numbers, on our team. And for 3 first rounders? Forget it. 

I agree - and I am hearing that the starting bid is 5 first rounders

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

I agree - and I am hearing that the starting bid is 5 first rounders

Yeah but probably hearing that from the HOU camp, consider the source

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2021 at 10:08 AM, jolly red giant said:

I am hearing that the starting bid is 5 first rounders

 

16 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Yeah but probably hearing that from the HOU camp, consider the source

Hey guys, been away for a month - so catching up.

One key element - any story that says 5 first rounders has ZERO credibility.   Simply because the CBA prevents any more than 3 years of draft pick trades.   Sure, there are teams that might have an extra 1st - but if that kind of price gets quoted - it shows that the source has no actual knowledge of the NFL trade working.   If someone equated 3 1sts and 2 more picks (not 1sts), then it's on them, and not the original source.  But if there any posts of 5 1sts, it automatically disqualifies the source.

The most reliable sources said the Texans were looking for 3 1sts and "more" - back in March, this was 2 starters -  but as mentioned, that's also coming from the Texans' camp.  The context that's important to recognize is that this was the price quoted in March, too.    Back then, you could replace 2 starters with FA - now, not so much.  And that's in March, before the civil suits came to light.     

The Texans aren't going to contend this year - so they could just wait this out, and let Watson sit out the year (he reported to TC, but still is committed to a trade), to let the whole off-field decision sort itself out.   Of course, that runs 2 risks - the penalty drops his value, or eliminates any trade whatsoever (although if he's not on the NFL restricted list, the burden to enact that is the NFL's investigation indicating that criminal charges are possible - the fact that he's not on the restricted list now, after 2+ months of investigation and original cooperation from the plaintiffs' side - appears unlikely).      But getting 3 1sts is likely something the Texans would consider - frankly, it's unclear if any team will pay the 3 1sts, given the risk until the investigation is complete..   The talk of 5 1sts, though, is totally out of reality. 

The most realistic scenario has Watson still in limbo until the NFL's decision is in - and that's not likely coming unless the civil matter closes.    The only way a trade happens sooner, are 2-fold - either an injury to a contending team puts HOU into a jackpot situation (think Bradford-to-MIN just before Week 1) or the Texans come off their 3-1sts pricetag.    Neither appears likely for now, but there are still 6+ weeks to go before the season starts, so it bears watching.   Once the NFL decision is in though, all bets are off.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2021 at 8:07 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

If he's cleared, get him. This team has never drafted a good starting Quarterback.

Watson doesn't get 'cleared' - he pays off the women who have accused him of harassment and molestation to drop their lawsuits or he ends up in court. Either way the guy demonstrated all the hallmarks of a sexual predator and neither the Broncos nor any other NFL team should touch him with a barge pole. Now the NFL is a very lucrative and profitable business - so there will be at least one team willing to ignore his behaviour - but if it is the Broncos then I am done with being a fan after almost 40 years.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Watson doesn't get 'cleared' - he pays off the women who have accused him of harassment and molestation to drop their lawsuits or he ends up in court. Either way the guy demonstrated all the hallmarks of a sexual predator and neither the Broncos nor any other NFL team should touch him with a barge pole. Now the NFL is a very lucrative and profitable business - so there will be at least one team willing to ignore his behaviour - but if it is the Broncos then I am done with being a fan after almost 40 years.

Oh yeah because there's also no way women try to exploit rich men by falsely accusing them. Ever.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Oh yeah because there's also no way women try to exploit rich men by falsely accusing them. Ever.

Yeah............ but weren't there something like 20 of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

And there is corroborating evidence from other sources that pre-date the accusations in the lawsuits.

Ok well if this is true, then sure he is a dirtbag. If they are willing to take money instead of him going to jail, anyone who doesn't want to trade for him cares more about what he did than the women did it to.

 

Doesn't mean I want him if he's guilty. I'm just saying it's kind of ironic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 7:45 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Ok well if this is true, then sure he is a dirtbag. If they are willing to take money instead of him going to jail, anyone who doesn't want to trade for him cares more about what he did than the women did it to.

A woman who Watson hired as a masseuse months before the incidents in the lawsuit, afterwards told several people what had happened with Watson - and it followed the same pattern that is outlined in the lawsuits. It debunked defence claims that they women copied one another. Watson has been at this for a lot longer than the few months referred to in the lawsuits.

As for the women wanting money - there is a major difference in the burden of proof in a civil case and a criminal case. Several criminal complaints have been made - but as with most cases of sexual assault, they may never see the inside of a courtroom - the DA will only take it to court if they are sure of winning. In the adversarial legal system of the Anglo-Saxon world financial redress is often the only avenue available to those who are victims.

At then end of the day it comes down to whether a team is willing to trade for and pay an individual whose actions and behaviour demonstrate all the hallmarks of being a  predator.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...