Bucs re-sign Suh

SBLIII

53 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Essentially every player we've resigned outside of Barrett is on a 1 year deal with the voidable years on some contracts. It's about as perfect a scenario as you could dream up as a FO, as most of these guys are in later stage of their career. Your bringing back key pieces and proven products in your system, but if they do drop off you have no ramification beyond 2021.

Hell, even Barrett's deal is going to look like a complete underpayment next year with the money that is going to go out on plFA contracts.

We'll see how it goes but I have my doubts when teams try to "run it back" with literally the same starters everywhere. Continuity is good but it's also good to get fresh hungry blood in there.

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

We'll see how it goes but I have my doubts when teams try to "run it back" with literally the same starters everywhere. Continuity is good but it's also good to get fresh hungry blood in there.

You don’t have that issue with a brady lead team.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Can still get that talent influx through the draft, which is the better business model anyways IMO...

• Like 2

IMO This team is like the 1998 Broncos. They are as hungry as a team that has not won it yet.

They have the leader at QB who transforms an organization.

They have a deep roster of talented players on both sides of the ball.

Denver lost a few vets like Zimmerman (HoF Tackle) and Michael Dean Perry, but mostly the differences were guys already on the team stepping up to help repeat.

Another comparable could be the 1992-1993 Cowboys.

They returned all 11 on offense, 7 guys on the D-line, the secondary returned 2 starters and 2 big contributors from 1992 took over

The only players who started in 1992 and were not on the team in 1993 were Vinson Smith and Isaac Holt

The only new guy who was heavily in the mix was 2nd round pick LB Darrin Smith.

The 2003-2004 Patriots were very similar teams as well.

They returned like 12 of 14 on offense (Damien Woody left and Corey Dillon replaced Smith) 14 meaning 4 WR and 2 TEs

They returned like 12 of 14 on D (Phifer and Johnson switched as starter/depth at LB and rookie Gay started over now backup Poole)

• They replaced Ted Washington with Keith Traylor and Ty Warren stepped up for departing Bobby Hamilton,

Even the 2019 and 2020 Chiefs were mostly the same team outside of a couple of Covid Opt-Outs and rookie CEH

The Chiefs got killed because the O-line injuries piled up. They were the best team all year until Tampa peaked (and they fell)

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Good point but this allows Tampa Bay to just draft BPA in the draft. I also don't think they would have got similar replacements for those prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

When was the last time that happened?

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

When was the last time that happened?

yeah that's a good point

the last time teams have gotten so called "Dream teams" on paper in FA they went out and got smashed by other teams in the regular season and it never worked

last year was an outlier and the only glue was the Goat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yeah that's a good point

the last time teams have gotten so called "Dream teams" on paper in FA they went out and got smashed by other teams in the regular season and it never worked

last year was an outlier and the only glue was the Goat

True leaders and winners attract others who want to be winners too. Brady is also all about winning and helps his team with contracts when other 'leaders' go for as much green as they can. A legacy and desire to be the best that probably won't be matched ever in history. As a Raider fan I'll never get over the 'tuck'[ but it's still amazing to see in team sport especially in this day and age. He'll get paid more in retirement than he did on the field. As winners in other industries will want him involved and he will probably excel in those endeavors too. He also took the right opportunity as he wouldn't have been able to do the same thing on any team. The right mix of talent on both sides, coaching and management willing to listen to him. coach did NOT want AB but TB did. So coach and management listened and all were rewarded for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

What? Why? That team won the Super Bowl last year lol

Just because the Packers, Dolphins, Steelers (twice), 49ers, Cowboys, Broncos, and Patriots did the impossible task of winning back-to-back Super Bowls doesn't mean it's a good thing to keep the same players for a run at that incredibly elusive back-to-back crown. 

Oops, I'm wrong.