Jump to content

Chicago Bears Draft Rumors


Recommended Posts

From Brad Biggs on the Score

- He talked to a league exec who said Trufant is a depth signing at minimal value
-expects Houston-Carson back
-this team needs to win next year
-Asked about Mac Jones at 20 and he doesn't think the Bears will take a QB there. Said how will a QB help this team win in 2021
-asked about a big trade up for QB's after Trevor. He said It would make sense for George to OK a massive trade for RW but seriously doubts that George would allow similar for a rookie who could be the next Trubisky.
-When asked about the draft he said...
-Bears need to help Dalton out as they tried to get Golladay.
-He thinks they could go WR at 20 and cited Justin Jefferson as an example from last year
-They are tight up against the cap and doesn't think they paid Ifedi 4.25mil to be a super sub so no OT at 20
-expects CB in round 2 like last year, Trufant isn't an answer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing Biggs said shocks me,

-I had not thought of the Ifedi deal that way, but that is a lot for a guy you plan to replace in the draft.

-CB, WR, OT are the biggest non-QB needs on the team.

-It would not shock me if George said they could  not make a huge trade for a rookie QB that would force them to stick around for multiple years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Nothing Biggs said shocks me,

-I had not thought of the Ifedi deal that way, but that is a lot for a guy you plan to replace in the draft.

-CB, WR, OT are the biggest non-QB needs on the team.

-It would not shock me if George said they could  not make a huge trade for a rookie QB that would force them to stick around for multiple years.

It does me. I guess the unnamed exec thinks the Bears' position is that they've got LT locked down? Other rumors indicate otherwise, and common sense kind of points that way, too. And while Pace may well be thinking WR at #20, it wouldn't be the shrewdest move. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pace has set things up to draft a WR and CB early.

If they wanted to replace Leno, they would have cut him and saved money. They chose to cut Fuller instead.

I think the moves they'll make to address QB and OL will come later. Pace still wants to win now and there are immediate needs on this team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It does me. I guess the unnamed exec thinks the Bears' position is that they've got LT locked down? Other rumors indicate otherwise, and common sense kind of points that way, too. And while Pace may well be thinking WR at #20, it wouldn't be the shrewdest move. 

Just because the unnamed exec didn't mention LT to Biggs doesn't mean the Bears organization thinks they're fine at LT as it stands

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m okay with a WR at 20 but expecting anything near Justin Jefferson’s impact as a rookie is a joke. And yeah, we are totally going CB in the first 3 rounds lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Just because the unnamed exec didn't mention LT to Biggs doesn't mean the Bears organization thinks they're fine at LT as it stands

At the mention of OT, the guy spouts off about them not replacing Ifedi. But yeah, you're right, hopefully the guy is way off base. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I'm not buying the Bears won't go OT at 20 if a talented one like Slater or Darrisaw is sitting there for the taking.

Leno is not very good...he's average and he's also a free agent next year. If you can improve the LT spot you do it

I also think WR is a real possibility in round 1. Rashod Bateman is a player I'd keep my eye on..him or Jaylen Waddle as I don't think we'll have a shot at either Chase or Smith.

Not surprised about the no QB in round 1 comment. I expect that to happen in either round 2 or 3.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While Leno is serviceable, he will always struggle with a bull rush. I'm strongly of the opinion if a quality LT is available at #20, you freaking draft him. He can start out at RT his rookie season and kick over to the left said in 2022 after Leno's contract expires. Or you can always designate Leno a post June 1st cut and free up another $8.34M in cap space.

This feels like smoke to me.

I can very easily see QB, OT, WR in round one. Hell maybe even CB, but the way this off-season has been going I think Nagy is going to do all he can to get weapons on offense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Just because the unnamed exec didn't mention LT to Biggs doesn't mean the Bears organization thinks they're fine at LT as it stands

I like this, let make this a thing just like Pakrey. Might as well throw Nagry in there also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the list of "things that went ever happen under Nagy" BUT, 

 

I honestly wouldn't be upset with a top tier running back either, if it preceeded a big effort to fix/build up the OL, an admission that "there's basically no way in hell that were going to quarterback our way out of this mess", and a firm commitment to just hammering the absolute crap out of the ball on the ground with a dominant line /running game. 

The north Carolina guy javonte Williams paired with Monty could be absolutely lethal for that if he could slide a bit to our second rounder (or we traded down with our first because none of our targets were there) 

Edited by Epyon
Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft IMO has to be all about 2022 and who can be a carry forward for whoever the next GM/HC/QB is going to be...for me if we don't take a LT if the likes of Slater or more than likely Darrisaw then that is a disaster...finding a top quality LT has to be a long term goal and getting the LT position sorted before you bring in a rookie QB you hope can become a franchise guy is a must...cut Leno after that for the cap savings...

After that find a CB/WR/S then go BPA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This draft IMO has to be all about 2022 and who can be a carry forward for whoever the next GM/HC/QB is going to be

The problem is that our draft is being done by two people desperate to save their jobs in 2021..... not a new HC who has any incentive to think about 2022 or beyond.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Epyon said:

The problem is that our draft is being done by two people desperate to save their jobs in 2021..... not a new HC who has any incentive to think about 2022 or beyond.

I fully get that but a rookie QB isn't going to save their jobs in a win now season...hence Dalton being brought in...so they have to protect him and add weapons...it won't be enough but at least it keeps the franchise in good stead for whoever does come in next offseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ya I'm not buying the Bears won't go OT at 20 if a talented one like Slater or Darrisaw is sitting there for the taking.

Leno is not very good...he's average and he's also a free agent next year. If you can improve the LT spot you do it

I also think WR is a real possibility in round 1. Rashod Bateman is a player I'd keep my eye on..him or Jaylen Waddle as I don't think we'll have a shot at either Chase or Smith.

Not surprised about the no QB in round 1 comment. I expect that to happen in either round 2 or 3.

Bateman would be underwhelming at 20 and Waddle will be long gone. Toney makes the most sense there if they go WR

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...