K'waun Williams Re-Signs on a One Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Love K'waun and glad to see him back. Now just need one more outside corner and the secondary is set.

The Niners have a had a heck of an off-season with Signing their players back, very happy with what we are heading into the draft with.

• Like 2

Just now, P_locniners said:

The Niners have a had a heck of an off-season with Signing their players back, very happy with what we are heading into the draft with.

They definitely did a nice job of filling all the holes where no one need stands out more than the rest giving them a lot of freedom in the draft.

Still think they may trade up for a QB and they may still look for one of the top corners in the draft. 

Super pumped we were able to bring back Tartt/Williams. The secondary is going to be really good, but still want one more corner. 

• Like 3

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't agree with this at all. Moseley isn't good enough where you just give him a starting spot and Verrett is injury prone on a one year deal. 

Corner to me is still an option in the first two rounds. 

Why isn't he? He was a standout in 2019 when he had a competent pass rush in front of him. Last year, he was still good but not as good as 2019. He's good cover guy and a great tackler. Is he a pro bowler? Probably not, but he's a quality corner. 

With that said, I wouldn't rule out a corner in the first because of injuries and because you can never have enough cover corners.

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Why isn't he? He was a standout in 2019 when he had a competent pass rush in front of him. Last year, he was still good but not as good as 2019. He's good cover guy and a great tackler. Is he a pro bowler? Probably not, but he's a quality corner. 

With that said, I wouldn't rule out a corner in the first because of injuries and because you can never have enough cover corners.

I actually think E-man was low key not good last year.  I know at one point (I'm pretty sure I pointed it out in the Buffalo GDT, before he got scratched) he had one of the worst yards allowed per coverage snap rates in the NFL per Mike Clay.  

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

He's just not on that level where you pencil him in as a starter. And if Ryans wants to play more man coverage, Moseley can be had against certain WRs. He's really solid and someone you want on your team, but is he THAT good where you just pass on addressing the corner position in the draft? Absolutely not. By all accounts the defense is going to be ultra aggressive with Ryans leaving the corners on an island. I don't know how well Moseley will hold up there. Remember, Moseley was NOT on the field towards the end of the year when we got the best DB play from all season. When Saleh got his corners up in press and blitzed more than he's ever had, Moseley wasn't on the field so we don't know how he will do in that type of a defense. 

Draft a corner in the first two rounds and let that rookie compete with Moseley for a starting spot opposite Verrett. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's just not on that level where you pencil him in as a starter. And if Ryans wants to play more man coverage, Moseley can be had against certain WRs. He's really solid and someone you want on your team, but is he THAT good where you just pass on addressing the corner position in the draft? Absolutely not. By all accounts the defense is going to be ultra aggressive with Ryans leaving the corners on an island. I don't know how well Moseley will hold up there. Remember, Moseley was NOT on the field towards the end of the year when we got the best DB play from all season. When Saleh got his corners up in press and blitzed more than he's ever had, Moseley wasn't on the field so we don't know how he will do in that type of a defense. 

Draft a corner in the first two rounds and let that rookie compete with Moseley for a starting spot opposite Verrett. 

I can agree with that about him. I'm all for drafting a corner high. I'm for doubling up on CB in the draft. I'm also for signing a corner and drafting a corner - any combination of these options. I think having guys to rotate through to keep fresh legs is vital to our success and I'm very happy with having Moseley and Verrett toward the top of our CB pecking order.

38 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Someone asked on twitter why 49ers' fans are happy we're resigning guys from a 6-win team. 

BECAUSE WE MIGHT WIN 7 THIS YEAR, THAT'S WHY.

Right, because re-signing guys on a defense that finished in the top 6 is such a bad thing!!! All we are now seeing are one year signings. These are quality players so why wouldn't you want to re-sign them? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, because re-signing guys on a defense that finished in the top 6 is such a bad thing!!! All we are now seeing are one year signings. These are quality players so why wouldn't you want to re-sign them? 

Those are people that know nothing about football. Anyone with an IQ above lukewarm, knows that injuries are what wrecked the season last year. I can't wait to see the team healthy. I wouldn't mind singing Reed again for cheap.