Worst non-trades?

Nut

The worst non trade this decade was the Eagles NOT trading Carson Wentz, right after winning the Superbowl with Nick Foles as starter, imo.

What do they do?

They trade the guy who wins them a SuperBowl & keep the guy who's never won a Playoff game & injury prone.

.Wentz easily would have netted (2) 1st Rd picks because of the season he had before the injury.

They could have reloaded that roster around Foles, with all that ammo & owned the NFC East for quite some time.

Instead, they end up firing their SB winning coach & trade Wentz to the Colts for a McDonalds happy meal.

Not to mention being the foundation of celler dwellers of the NFC East.

...and will continue to be, imo.

Like I said... worst non trade in the last 10 years.

• Like 2

I also want to add that Wentz was never the same QB, after the injury & right after Foles won them the SB.

Had they kept Foles, they would have kept that winning element in the Locker room.

Probably netted two 1st Rd picks if not more in a Wentz trade.

And the team who would have traded for Wentz, would have had buyers remorse.

Had Wentz never been injured by tearing his ACL/MCL?

Or had it been a more minor injury?

Then keeping him, would have been the right call.

How do I know I'm right in my opinion here?

1 name...

RG3

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The worst non trade this decade was the Eagles NOT trading Carson Wentz, right after winning the Superbowl with Nick Foles as starter, imo.

What do they do?

They trade the guy who wins them a SuperBowl & keep the guy who's never won a Playoff game & injury prone.

.Wentz easily would have netted (2) 1st Rd picks because of the season he had before the injury.

They could have reloaded that roster around Foles, with all that ammo & owned the NFC East for quite some time.

Instead, they end up firing their SB winning coach & trade Wentz to the Colts for a McDonalds happy meal.

Hindsight....

Nobody hated the idea of them trading Foles and keeping Wentz. It wasn't a bad move at all at the time. Even now, Nick Foles has proven to be a flash in the pan.

The Eagles wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl without Wentz having basically an MVP regular season for them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers came in 2nd on trade offers for Randy Moss, Marshawn Lynch and Tony Gonzalez in like a 3 year span. Who knows if Brett or Aaron would have another ring if one of them went through. Old Teddy had a price he was willing to give up and he refused to budge from there.

Getting Moss would have led to the departure of A-Rod, so maybe they were better off, especially since they won their title in 2010.

However, if they get Beast Mode around the 2010 trade deadline, and find a way to get Gonzo a year later (maybe send injury fest [Jermichael Finley] to KC for him), it definitely improves their chances of winning more than one ring.

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

What do they do?

Foles sucks though you have to take that into account.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

What do they do?

Such a laughably bad take....but thats your thing, so....

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

13 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I also want to add that Wentz was never the same QB, after the injury & right after Foles won them the SB.

Had they kept Foles, they would have kept that winning element in the Locker room.

Probably netted two 1st Rd picks if not more in a Wentz trade.

And the team who would have traded for Wentz, would have had buyers remorse.

Had Wentz never been injured by tearing his ACL/MCL?

Or had it been a more minor injury?

Then keeping him, would have been the right call.

How do I know I'm right in my opinion here?

1 name...

RG3

If you can't see that those few games from Foles were merely lightening in a bottle then I don't know what to tell you.  Perhaps you're part of the Jags org because they thought the same thing until he was benched by a 6th round nobody.

I am not a fan of Wentz and never have been, but there is no doubt that Philly made the right choice. 

On 3/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, MikeT14 said:

Washington:

1) Bengals: Offered a first rounder plus a conditional 2nd rounder that could turn into a 1st for Chad Johnson in early 2008. Chad had just had a good year in 2007, but 2008 was bad and injury plagued. He never fully recovered to his old self. Bengals went 4-11-1 in 2008. These two first rounders for Washington were Orakpo and Trent Williams. 

2) Browns: Supposedly we were offered a 1st rounder for Trent Williams and turned it down. He never played for us again and we settled for a 5th and future 3rd. 

3) Various teams & Kirk Cousins: There were rumors out there of suitors for Kirk Cousins and as much as a late 1st rounder. Nothing materialized and we settled for letting him walk for a compensatory 3rd. 

I still don’t believe that Browns trade was ever in the cards.  If Nuk Hopkins didn’t get a first, I don’t think Trent Williams gets a first being a couple years older and having sat out for an entire season.  

I had forgotten about the flirting we did with Chad Johnson there.  It would have been the perfect Danny move to make along with Fat Albert.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I still don’t believe that Browns trade was ever in the cards.  If Nuk Hopkins didn’t get a first, I don’t think Trent Williams gets a first being a couple years older and having sat out for an entire season.  

I had forgotten about the flirting we did with Chad Johnson there.  It would have been the perfect Danny move to make along with Fat Albert.  

I'm pretty much with you, but I rolled with the thread title as it was a loose rumor from a crappy instagram account :)