Jump to content

Bears sign Damien Williams


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

I'd be fine with another RB at the same price or late in the draft. We need to address the depth here.

How much deeper should the Bears go than four players. Unless it’s an UDFA I don’t think they should add anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

How much deeper should the Bears go than four players. Unless it’s an UDFA I don’t think they should add anymore. 

Who's 4?

Monty 

Cohen off a serious injury. 

Williams

Pace is good at some things. One of those is finding mid round RBs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 3:45 PM, Heinz D. said:

200.gif

The Cohen signing just never made much sense to me. He's been a solid contributor, but nothing special worthy of his contract size. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

The Cohen signing just never made much sense to me. He's been a solid contributor, but nothing special worthy of his contract size. 

Exactly. That contract is...rather large when compared to what Cohen actually does on the field. Nagy's infatuation with him drives me nuts, too. The team would be better off if Cohen was traded, IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Who's 4?

Monty 

Cohen off a serious injury. 

Williams

Pace is good at some things. One of those is finding mid round RBs.  

And Pierce is one the PS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

We still should add another back. We need at least 1 more solid backup. Min contract or mid-late rounder but still something better.

And in you scenario he isn’t going to replace Montgomery, Cohen, or Williams. It would be a wasted pick that could go to depth or other holes that need to be filled. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

And in you scenario he isn’t going to replace Montgomery, Cohen, or Williams. It would be a wasted pick that could go to depth or other holes that need to be filled. 

Williams isn't long term.  Will Cohen even be ready?  A mid-late round pick I never really consider wasted. That's where you take RBs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Williams isn't long term.  Will Cohen even be ready?  A mid-late round pick I never really consider wasted. That's where you take RBs.

For this season it is a wasted pick, since RBs have become plug and play next year they can use resources on one. They still need to draft QB, OT, CB, S, WR, and maybe TE or LB before a RB is needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blkwdw13 said:

For this season it is a wasted pick, since RBs have become plug and play next year they can use resources on one. They still need to draft QB, OT, CB, S, WR, and maybe TE or LB before a RB is needed. 

Which of those positions do we get a contributor in round 5-6?  You're making more of this than needed. Im not talking about a valuable resource 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I might be foggy but I thought he was below average there. I'm all for it since he is paid if he can do it well though. Maybe I'm just remembering him having a few bad returns from being too aggressive?

He wasn’t great at it... but neither was Patterson. He led the league in KOR yardage because he’s constantly returning kicks from 8 or 9 yards deep to the 19 so the numbers look good but he’s actually hurting us a lot of the time. Cohen can do that just fine with the same occasional big return potential. There’s gotta be a reason the “top” KOR is still a free agent after almost 3 weeks, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He wasn’t great at it... but neither was Patterson. He led the league in KOR yardage because he’s constantly returning kicks from 8 or 9 yards deep to the 19 so the numbers look good but he’s actually hurting us a lot of the time. Cohen can do that just fine with the same occasional big return potential. There’s gotta be a reason the “top” KOR is still a free agent after almost 3 weeks, right? 

i was perfectly ok with patterson taking every kick out of the EZ. unlike most guys, he legitimately did have a chance to bring it to the house every time. by far best KR on the team since devin. yeah he got stopped short of the 20 at times, but to me it was worth it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

He wasn’t great at it... but neither was Patterson. He led the league in KOR yardage because he’s constantly returning kicks from 8 or 9 yards deep to the 19 so the numbers look good but he’s actually hurting us a lot of the time. Cohen can do that just fine with the same occasional big return potential. There’s gotta be a reason the “top” KOR is still a free agent after almost 3 weeks, right? 

Despite all what you said making a lot of sense I'd still like them to bring CPat back. He's just one of those good guys you like to have on your team that fires all the guys up.

He's also a heck of a special teams player aside from just returns. Maybe he's just asking for too much coin. I'm sure a lot of teams would love to have a player like him on their roster

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He wasn’t great at it... but neither was Patterson. He led the league in KOR yardage because he’s constantly returning kicks from 8 or 9 yards deep to the 19 so the numbers look good but he’s actually hurting us a lot of the time. Cohen can do that just fine with the same occasional big return potential. There’s gotta be a reason the “top” KOR is still a free agent after almost 3 weeks, right? 

To me part off his aggressiveness was the fact our offense was completely incompetent.  We needed him to try to get us good field position.  It felt like if we'd started behind the 30 that we were just hoping to fight for field position before we're would punt.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...