Sleepers? Favorite Hidden Gems

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Brandon Browner? He ran a 4.7

Nahshon Wright. He's easy to scout because he sticks out like a sore thumb when you watch "Oregon St. Defense vs...." vids.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Kuony Deng LB California 

Avery Williams CB/RS Boise St.

Grant Stuard WLB/ST Houston

Idk if David Moore G Grambling St. counts but he might go late in the draft and really outplay his draft stock. Stuard and Williams have ST value. Deng is extremely intriguing. 

11 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Kuony Deng LB California 

Avery Williams CB/RS Boise St.

Grant Stuard WLB/ST Houston

Idk if David Moore G Grambling St. counts but he might go late in the draft and really outplay his draft stock. Stuard and Williams have ST value. Deng is extremely intriguing. 

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/deng-to-return-to-cal

54 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Idk if David Moore G Grambling St. counts but he might go late in the draft and really outplay his draft stock.

Yeah, he was one of my favorites too, but after that pro day, I think he might get picked on Day 2 now.

• Like 1

Big fan of Baron Browning. Was pretty shocked to see people so low on him after I did some rankings. I think he'll be a very solid 3-4 ILB or 4-3 SLB in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked if he shot up boards like Jordyn Brooks did last year. Brooks was a consensus 3rd Rounder the entire draft season, and shot up to a consensus Late 1st-Early 2nd guy the final two weeks before the draft. 

Edited by BayRaider

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Big fan of Baron Browning. Was pretty shocked to see people so low on him after I did some rankings. I think he'll be a very solid 3-4 ILB or 4-3 SLB in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked if he shot up boards like Jordyn Brooks did last year. Brooks was a consensus 3rd Rounder the entire draft season, and shot up to a consensus Late 1st-Early 2nd guy the final two weeks before the draft. 

BB will probably be a 2nd round pick, similarly regarded to Werner. Maybe a bit more inconsistent now but with great physical upside and prototype size.

Not sure he belongs in this thread.

Milton Williams

Height: 6-foot-3 (50th percentile)

Weight: 284 pounds (17th)

Arm: 31 1/2 inches (5th)

Vertical: 38.5 inches (99th)

Broad jump: 121 inches (97th)

Bench: 34 reps (91st)

40-yard: 4.62 seconds (99th)

Short shuttle: 4.25 seconds (97th)

Three-cone: 6.87 seconds (100th)

Among all 280-plus-pound defensive linemen at the NFL scouting combine in the past 20 years, Williams' 40-yard dash and three-cone times would rank as the best on record and his vertical would rank second-best

All-round defensive lineman, defends run as well as pass. A team will get a good mid to late round pick here. Whoever drafts him, I'm bumping them up draft-day rankings

MiltonWilliams_HarryCastonBYU_01.jpg

8 hours ago, lark25 said:

BB will probably be a 2nd round pick, similarly regarded to Werner. Maybe a bit more inconsistent now but with great physical upside and prototype size.

Not sure he belongs in this thread.

I would be dumbfounded if Browning went R2. He is so inconsistent in his reads...and everywhere else, for that matter. He’s got great linear speed, but is stiff and unaware in coverage. He would be best in a scheme like Pittsburgh that allows him to blitz from an ILB role a lot. The dude is not a space player, but he’s also not a traditional gap sound linebacker. These guys aren’t valued unless they’re superfreaks. Browning is fast and big, but not a superfreak.

Werner is stiff, but at least he’s got really good tape. Werner is very good at what he does and put up astounding numbers given what I think he is as an athlete in space. He can cover in zone, but will get torched in man, as most LBs would. I see Werner going higher than Browning. Like, by 2 rounds. 

2 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

I would be dumbfounded if Browning went R2. He is so inconsistent in his reads...and everywhere else, for that matter. He’s got great linear speed, but is stiff and unaware in coverage. He would be best in a scheme like Pittsburgh that allows him to blitz from an ILB role a lot. The dude is not a space player, but he’s also not a traditional gap sound linebacker. These guys aren’t valued unless they’re superfreaks. Browning is fast and big, but not a superfreak.

Werner is stiff, but at least he’s got really good tape. Werner is very good at what he does and put up astounding numbers given what I think he is as an athlete in space. He can cover in zone, but will get torched in man, as most LBs would. I see Werner going higher than Browning. Like, by 2 rounds. 

@BayRaider has Browning as the 14th overall player in this class