Crawford Retires

textaz03

Such an underappreciated Cowboy. He just did whatever was asked of him his entire career, all of the dirty work, position flexibility, and one of the few dudes that provided any real leadership on the defensive side of the ball. The antithesis of Jaylon Smith. And he was really quite a good player for the majority of his career.

His body started breaking down towards the end of his career. But the guy was a really good Cowboy. I'll have fond memories.

31 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If this has becomes a GTFO thread then GTFO no longer has any meaning. Good players who have been captains who are overpaid =/= GTFO level. 

Exactly. Had he been paid half of what we were paying him, I dont think many of us would had issues with him.

Him not being worth the $9 million a year we were paying him is our fault. We should have moved on.

53 minutes ago, atran35 said:

He was underappreciated because he UNDERPERFORMED. 

This is just not true, IMHO. He worked his butt off and became both an effective DT and an effective DE for a lot of his career. He was a leader in the lockerroom. I would say he absolutely overperformed the average 3rd round draft pick by a mile.

2 years at the end of his career, he was overpaid for the quality he was putting on the field, because his body couldn’t do it anymore. Shrug.

If that’s the main reason, I find the dislike towards Crawford to be very bizarre.

I never really had a problem with Crawford as a player. He was a leader on the defense, an asset in the run game and an overall solid player for most of his career here. He was one of those "JAGs" that every team needs. 

That contract though...but, as has been said, not his fault our front office overpaid. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I never really had a problem with Crawford as a player. He was a leader on the defense, an asset in the run game and an overall solid player for most of his career here. He was one of those "JAGs" that every team needs. 

That contract though...but, as has been said, not his fault our front office overpaid. 

This is one of the problems with doing deals early. Crawford looked good and was coming off I believe a 5 sack season as a DT in Rods system. Showed good potential. We locked him up early. The last few years when his body gave out he should have been cut. None of this is on him.