Crawford Retires

textaz03

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

forum would be insufferable about high paid players. 

Fixed that for you.

I never had anything against Crawford. Dude was serviceable. The team should have moved on from his contract but that's the teams fault. Any sane human gets offered tons of money they take it, after all. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

As much as I want us to invest in a 1T, I feel like this forum would be insufferable about a high paid one. 

A couple posters might.   I think more than anything we have just been frustrated with the philosophy that you can just find one of those big run stuffing 1T at a random Denny's,  but we can never find one.   Then, they won't pay a free agent 1T, or commit a 3rd or 4th rd pick to a 1T,  because then they say they want a big guy that can stuff the run but also has some pass rush ability.    Well I'm still waiting to bang Jessica Alba in her prime while riding a unicorn.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

A couple posters might.   I think more than anything we have just been frustrated with the philosophy that you can just find one of those big run stuffing 1T at a random Denny's,  but we can never find one.   Then, they won't pay a free agent 1T, or commit a 3rd or 4th rd pick to a 1T,  because then they say they want a big guy that can stuff the run but also has some pass rush ability.    Well I'm still waiting to bang Jessica Alba in her prime while riding a unicorn.  

In Jerry Jones' mind, your lack of success isn't due to the lack of reality of the idea (coupled with unicorns not existing), but due to you picking the wrong colored unicorn.

I feel like Crawford really had two standout years- 2014, his first year at 3-tech (don't let the 3 sacks fool you, he was a legit handful and kept Henry Melton on the bench) and 2018, finally coming into his own as our early down RDE/3rd down interior rusher after being something of a square peg/round hole guy for a few years.

Other than that he was just kind of average and frequently limited by injury (2013, out for season with an Achilles tear, 2015, played through a torn rotator cuff, 2019-2020, basically washed). I guess you can't quantify leadership, but you can list off several DEs and DTs that were more productive over that timeframe for less money.