Saints CB Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland for possessing a stolen gun, charged w/ felony

Dome

46 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Doesn t look like this will end quickly.  A "misunderstanding"?.  

I think the misunderstanding was that one of Marshons buddies was supposed to take the fall before he got arrested, not after.

Pure speculation.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

I think the misunderstanding was that one of Marshons buddies was supposed to take the fall before he got arrested, not after.

Pure speculation.

I have no idea how this turns out.  I don t want to speculate.  If the charges are not dropped before the season, what does Goodell do?  He has wide authority to suspend as he sees fit.  A felony charge pending (granted 4th degree) not a good look.

This paragraph from profootballtalk:

"Lattimore was a passenger in a car stopped by police for “multiple traffic violations.” Two other passengers were arrested for having weapons while under disability. The driver was arrested for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle and issued a citation for driving without working taillights.

Sounds like a car load of dummies.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

"Lattimore was a passenger in a car stopped by police for “multiple traffic violations.” Two other passengers were arrested for having weapons while under disability. The driver was arrested for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle and issued a citation for driving without working taillights.

LARPers 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Lattimore went to the biggest cesspool H.S. In Cleveland. Everyone he knows in that area is going to be human trash. The fact that this car didn’t commit a drive by shooting makes these Glenville Tarblooders choir boys.

And idk what the F a Tarblooder is, but it sounds either racist or gang related. 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, ravishingone said:

I have no idea how this turns out.  I don t want to speculate.  If the charges are not dropped before the season, what does Goodell do?  He has wide authority to suspend as he sees fit.  A felony charge pending (granted 4th degree) not a good look.

This is no longer the case - the new CBA hands over personal conduct policy decisions to an arbitrator that the league and NFLPA both sign off on. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/20/cba-would-hand-most-discipline-decisions-to-neutral-decision-maker/

For Lattimore, Deshaun Watson, etc. - it's no longer the NFL random wheel of misfortune.    The league avoids perception of bias, and someone actually qualified in the role is making the decisions - and someone that the league and union are OK with.    Win-win-win.

Given that, if the charges get dropped - I suspect Lattimore is fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

I thought entourages were specifically supposed to have a guy to take possession charges

Lattimore’s attorney already addressed this... the “misunderstanding” with the police.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:05 PM, Dome said:

Pure speculation.