Saints CB Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland for possessing a stolen gun, charged w/ felony

Dome

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

No matter what comes of this, he definitely just lost himself millions, right? This is the kind of thing a team can easily use in negotiations with a guy looking for a long term contract extension.

He certainly hurt his guaranteed money. No doubt about that.

On 3/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, LinebackerGod said:

And idk what the F a Tarblooder is, but it sounds either racist or gang related. 

It is a school battle cry that started  during the 1940's indicating that members of the Glenville athletic teams would whack the "tar" and "blood" from its opponents. 

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

It is a school battle cry that started  during the 1940's indicating that members of the Glenville athletic teams would whack the "tar" and "blood" from its opponents. 

"Tar" is just a fancy word for fecal matter...

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, ET80 said:

Oklahoma. Don't forget Oklahoma. Buncha trash pandas over there.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:04 AM, Dome said:

I think it would be best if we all just forgot about Oklahoma.

😠 Shall we take this outside gents? A duel perhaps? I'm ready!

😁 I think the both of you are just jealous. 😜

Is Lattimore a felon? I'm not entirely sure how this is a felony possession if he wasn't already a felon. Especially if he "didn't know" the gun was stolen, which actually does matter in these circumstances. 4th degree felony? Probably getting knocked down to a misdemeanor.

My understanding is that possession of a stolen firearm is a misdemeanor unless you're a felon or you actively stole it from a manufacturing site or inhabited dwelling. My understanding is often flawed and wrong and silly, but here I feel like I'm on the right track.

Guns are legal. Don't buy them illegally.

*unless more comes out I don't expect this to amount to anything.

Edited by nagahide13

35 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

My understanding is that possession of a stolen firearm is a misdemeanor unless you're a felon or you actively stole it from a manufacturing site or inhabited dwelling. My understanding is often flawed and wrong and silly, but here I feel like I'm on the right track.

Not the case in Cleveland. Receiving stolen property has a few ways to rise to a felony 4th degree), one of which is if said property  is a firearm. No where in the statute specifically acknowledges anything about history. But to jive with forum rules the reason I’m saying so, is that yes, this probably does get knocked down and fade to obscurity, as long as something crazy doesn’t happen. Can’t imagine this resulting in anything more than maybe a couple games.

• Like 1