Whom do you want the Vikings to take in the draft? 1st, 3rds, 4ths.

cconocool

Mods, feel free to add this to the draft thread, but I thought this might merit a thread by itself.

1st-Gregory Rousseau, Edge Rusher, Miami. I feel improving the D will be the primary goal of Zimmer after getting embarrassed multiple times last year. We don't need a DT or CB with the recent signings. Alternatives- One of the lower tier OT after Sewell.

3rds-Safety/CB/Whatever wasn't draft round - Harris is gone. I thought he was overrated after one good year of production. Need a smart replacement. Hughes is not reliable enough to depend on.

4ths- Developmental WR, OL,DL. Thielen is getting long in the tooth and a development prospect couldn't hurt. 

I'd love to see the Vikings draft Rousseau in the first round.  Imagine what it would be like to have a Danielle Hunter on both sides of the D-line!

After that, it would be nice for the Vikings if they could move up into the second round and grab Wyatt Davis if he falls down far enough.

2 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Didn’t VD’s modship responsibilities die along with dissacs @swede700

I kind of look at VD like I do my old teachers.  No matter how much time passes, and how much closer I get to them in age, they will always be an authority figure in my eyes.  VD will always be the "Big Kahuna" on FF as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I kind of look at VD like I do my old teachers.  No matter how much time passes, and how much closer I get to them in age, they will always be an authority figure in my eyes.  VD will always be the "Big Kahuna" on FF as far as I'm concerned.

why thank you...

and with that in mind, typically the indefinite pronoun "whom" is only used following a preposition. as in for whom the bell tolls.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

OL, DL, OL

Id probably go DL, OL, DL or OL, DL, DL depending upon how the value looks in round one. Probably go for a S and LB in round four. Maybe another WR if they can contribute as a return man. Not a fan of Osborn or Beebe.

CB depth seems okay now with Peterson and Alexander signed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Id probably go DL, OL, DL or OL, DL, DL depending upon how the value looks in round one. Probably go for a S and LB in round four. Maybe another WR if they can contribute as a return man. Not a fan of Osborn or Beebe.

CB depth seems okay now with Peterson and Alexander signed. 

"athletes" in rounds 4+ is good with me. But, as you might guess, I want more OL...... :)

• Like 1

I think we'll trade into the 2nd or trade up to get a higher 1st round pick.

Either way, I think our 1st 3 picks go as: Tackle, Defensive End and then Wide Receiver.

I'm okay with another WR, especially if they can play Special Teams but I'd rather wait longer than our 3rd pick to address this position. Still, Spielman values returners pretty highly (Harvin, Patterson and Hughes all 1st round picks) so I think he uses the 3rd pick on that position.

Abdullah has been underwhelming as a returner but is a good change of pace back, Osborn blew every opportunity given to him and Beebe will likely see more playing on offense. Hughes might end up getting cut.

Edited by SteelKing728