Whom do you want the Vikings to take in the draft? 1st, 3rds, 4ths.

cconocool

The team should never pass up a QB that they feel is a franchise QB, but assuming one of those won't be there when the Vikings pick, and there is no reasonable way for the team to trade their way into a position to get one of them -- put me in the camp that wants to see the team address the trenches with more of an emphasis on the offensive trench.

If there is a decent value offensive lineman at 14 pick him. Otherwise, trade down to where the team is comfortable they'll be able to get an offensive lineman with it not being a reach. Then an ideal next two picks would be another offensive lineman and a defensive end.

• Like 1

Trading back from 14 and gaining a second round pick would be an ideal day one. I’d like to think Vera-Tucker or Wyatt Davis would good options in the early to mid 20s to fill in at OG, with Cleveland moving over to T. Would then love to grab a DE in round two. If a good value DE falls, I’d jump all over that. With the FA moves made in the secondary, im much less concerned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Perry's Permutational Prognostications...

Rd 1: OL > S > DL

Rd 3a: If Rd 1 OL, then S > DL > OL

Rd 3a: If Rd 1 S, then OL > DL

Rd 3a: If Rd 1 DL, then OL > DL

Rd 3b: OL

RD 4a-d: best available from positions OL, DL, S, WR

Safety in the 3rd even after the Woods signing?

2 minutes ago, viking said:

Safety in the 3rd even after the Woods signing?

Yes; we only have for all practical purposes, 2 NFL-caliber safeties on our roster, and isn't Woods a FA after next year?  We have quality starters/depth at most positions except for guard and safety, it would be nice to bolster those positions through the draft, especially since the FO has done a nice job in FA so far in bolstering the other weaknesses on the roster.

• Like 1

Build the trenches easily, I wouldn’t mind us taking a CB with our later picks to hopefully get him ready for next year when we lose some of our players from this year and so we aren’t relying on starting a rookie CB. 

A QB obviously if we fall in love with one because I still don’t believe Kirk can lead this team or any team to a SB. 

If-then scenarios are fun!   If the Vikes get one of these stud DEs at 14, then I see OL, OL, S and WR as a great depth/future starter exercise.   Yes, a Kyle Trask type could enter in there.   One of the DTs could slip too, so getting someone like Twyman in the 4th is possible.