Jump to content

Do you get your gas delivered?


mission27

Do you get your gas delivered?  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you get your gas delivered?

    • Yes, sometimes
      2
    • Never
      24


Recommended Posts

TLO and I were talking earlier this evening, apparently he was not aware that you could get gas delivered from most gas stations.  I asked him what he would do if he ran out of gas and he didn't have a good answer. 

Is this something you guys take advantage of frequently?  Tbh at this point is probably my primary means of filling my tank.  Super convenient, and usually only like $10 delivery charge.  Totally worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

TLO and I were talking earlier this evening, apparently he was not aware that you could get gas delivered from most gas stations.  I asked him what he would do if he ran out of gas and he didn't have a good answer. 

Is this something you guys take advantage of frequently?  Tbh at this point is probably my primary means of filling my tank.  Super convenient, and usually only like $10 delivery charge.  Totally worth it. 

I have AAA Plus, like $100 /year I think. They will bring me gas and charge me pump price with no fee. Pretty nice to have. Never needed it though. 

Love having AAA. Towings are over $100 pretty much every time, with AAA it's free. Locked your keys in your car? AAA, it's free. Need a jump start and nobody is around to help? Free with AAA. Tire flat and it's pissin down rain? Free with AAA. Pays for itself if you use it like.... once. Also gets you lots of travel and lodging discounts. 

Pretty much a must have forever once it's saved your butt a couple times. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I have AAA Plus, like $100 /year I think. They will bring me gas and charge me pump price with no fee. Pretty nice to have. Never needed it though. 

Love having AAA. Towings are over $100 pretty much every time, with AAA it's free. Locked your keys in your car? AAA, it's free. Need a jump start and nobody is around to help? Free with AAA. Tire flat and it's pissin down rain? Free with AAA. Pays for itself if you use it like.... once. Also gets you lots of travel and lodging discounts. 

Pretty much a must have forever once it's saved your butt a couple times. 

 

Oh yeah, AAA is fantastic. I've had it for like 20 years now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

I've never even heard of this before.

Which stations do you get gas delivered from? Is this only available between certain times of the day, or is it a 24 hr service? How long does it take to get delivered?  

Usually from a BP or Mobile.  I'm not sure if its 24 hours, I've never needed it outside of fairly normal hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Cool, now I can do this instead of sending a pizza to my friend's house as a prank.

I wish my friends would prank me by sending a hot and ready to eat delicious meal directly to my house and stop putting dog poop on the inside of my door handles of my truck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Oh yeah, AAA is fantastic. I've had it for like 20 years now. 

My parents got it for me when I got my license at 16, and I've renewwed it every year since. So a decade. Couldn't imagine not having it now. 

100-mile towing and they'll take it to your buddies shop if you don't have the money to pay a mechanic. A lot of the time emergency services or dealership warranties will only tow to a shop they know and have a relationship with. So AAA is really nice in that regard. Hell I used it once to get a non-running car I bought towed to my brother in law's so he could work on it. It's supposed to be for emergencies only, but I just tipped the tow truck driver $10 and asked him if it was OK. He's getting paid either way so he doesn't care. 

And while I'm on it, the towing/impound business is a total sham.

Two years ago my car got stolen and parked on a side street.The police never tried to call me before having it towed, even though they asked me if I'd like them to call me before having it towed. Obviously I told them yes.... I gave them 4 numbers they could get someone at (me, wife, brother in law, dad) and said any of them could come out and pick up the car up..... none of those phones ever rang, they just found it and towed it. 

 Then I had to pay a tow company $500 to get it out of their lot because they called me at 4:30 PM  (closed at 5pm and I was about 45 minutes away) Saturday and their lot was closed for Sunday and Monday (a holiday) and I got charged for each day over the weekend. Called a lawyer who helped me with an injury settlement a while back and he said it's common and theres nothing I can do. Said police work with preferred towing agencies all the time to get them business, not sure whats in it for the police. But he said he gets people asking for help on stuff like this all the time.

It's bad enough a thief steals your car, but it's compounded by the fact that the police and tow companies can hold it hostage. 

Honestly thought about throwing a brick through the companies window, but eventually decided against it. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...